Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Anonymous Insider

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

That sounds fun. I was a little put back because you have to spend $50 to get the bag, but from you say it sounds like they have demonstrations and samples too.

That sounds like fun @Anonymous!  I'm lovin' the bag too!  I think each experience varies per store - the ones I've been to were fun.  Just, don't go on an empty tummy because "light beverages & snacks" usually means "not much there" 00000.JPGHave a great time and let us know how it went!!   

Anonymous Insider

EDITED

January is over! 2017 is off to an... er, interesting start.  All's quiet in Rougeland though because unlike last year, there was not a single Rouge event or perk this month.
This month there was a luckyrouge promo for Canada (thanks @txcatx ) so + 0.5 (only half a point because it was a location specific event).

January - 0.5

No where to go but up from here right?

Canada had that luckyrouge promo for Chinese New Year, and we got nothing. We suspect a possible Valentine's Day bag for US Rouge.

Love this thread! I kept close watch of the last one and was pretty disappointed in the whole Rouge experience for myself - but I wasn't really watching my purchases and before I knew it I was Rouge for 2017 again. 

THIS YEAR I'm probably going to concentrate on not getting it again because it seems like there's really no difference between VIB and Rouge. But maybe they'll do something big to change the program.

Fingers crossed! 🙂

This is a good idea! I'm going to try to not reach rouge again because I've already decided its not worth it and I have more than enough makeup, but it'll be interesting to see what benefits rouge really has!

Great idea! I like that we'll be able to compare to the previous year's benefits.

testing