Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Q&A: THE BASICS

let's get back to basics ! all answers subject to change. no answers will be held against you when you change your mind 😉

what is your favorite __ of all time ?

1. blush (or other cheek product)
  2. lipstick
  3. base product
  4. eye shadow (single, color, or palette)
  5. mascara
  6. skincare product
  7. perfume
  8. misc. (anything else you may want to mention !)

Re: Q&A: THE BASICS

@mrsbaine

I hope you love Aurelia as much as I do.

The Suqqu brush head is small (I prefer those), but the texture and weight of it helps diffuse powder blushes beautifully.  So I never get that patch where I need to blend it out.

Not trying to enable you @mrsbaine but I have both the Suqqu and the Surratt and they're definitely not dupes of each other.  They're completely different shapes 😉

@greenchilli is doing science experiments with base products (Nars thread); sounds like I should with brushes. Thanks @Mochapj!!! 

😄

To clarify, there is a 'dupe' for the Suqqu cheek brush, it's just not the Surratt brush.  The 'dupe' is made by Kyureido. 🙂

😊 I've got that one too. 

1. blush - Suqqu Pure Color Blush 04 Urushibi 
  2. lipstick - NARS Geraldine
  3. base product - none
  4. eye shadow - the copper in TF Cognac Sable
  5. mascara - CT Legendary Lashes
  6. skincare product - Mahalo Love+ Cocoa Balm (I will cry actual tears when I finish this. I'm already trying to figure out how to reverse engineer it)
  7. perfume - TF Ombre Leather 16 😄
  8. misc. - tulips!IMG_1135.JPG

All the pretty orange things!

I so badly wanted legendary lashes to work for me. The effect is beautiful. Still trying to dupe it. I'm glad I ended up with Cognac Sable too. I love it! 

This eyeshadow is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

This picture makes me happy 🙂

You wearing Geraldine is just.... *heart eyes*

Tulips!

I've got to say I love reading everyone's answers. I've got a few ideas on what to try out!

1. Blush-- I'm so in the minority here, I don't have a favourite. I just want it to be matte, I work my way through a few pans or tubes then move on to the next.

2. Lipstick-- actual lipstick, NARS Anita, but my Dior addict balms get the most love. A nice wash of colour with a slight stain. I'm slowly becoming a stain girl.

3. Base-- Estée Lauder double wear over the years but this last year I'm moving over to the MUFE stick foundation more and more.

4. Eye shadow-- the MUFE matte pallets. This palette has the singles I own that are my favourites as well as one or two others to switch up the same look I wear every day.

5. Mascara-- two faced better than sex over the last five, maybe six years, but I'm slowly moving over to the Marc jacobs velvet noir, so this may overtake in the next year.

6. Skincare-- I don't even know... goal by the end of the year to have a solid list of products I really like. I change too often to have favourites yet.

7. MM Beach Walk. I never had a consistant favourite until this. 

8. Misc-- latisse! It's pricy but I love what it's done for my lashes. Clinique quickliner for lips in sky Violet. So sad this was discontinued.

❤️ MUFE Mattes; I also made a palette if them and use it almost daily in conjunction with something else. (Usually viseart)

I tried the MUFE shadows after seeing Tarababyz on you tube rave about them and haven't bought any other eye shadow since.  The viseart palletes are the only ones to temp me since. My shadow game is pretty basic at best and VERY repetitive but I get great results every time with these guys. That new purple theory palette though... I've got my eyes on that baby!

1. Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush 

2. Lipstick: Tom Ford Lips and Boys (too many colours to pick just one😂)

3. Base: Giorgio Armani Power Fabric foundation

4. Eye shadow: Tom Ford in Nude Dip

5. Mascara: Diorshow Iconic mascara

6. Skincare product: Biologique Recherche P50 

7. Perfume: Dolce & Gabana Light Blue

8. Msc: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, a must have in my daily routine. 

So true on the TF Lips & Boys! 😄

1. Blush: NARS Madly

2. Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Pillowtalk

3. Base: NARS Tinted Moisturizer

4. Eyeshadow: Viseart Neutral Mattes

5. Mascara: Chanel Le Volume

6. Skincare Product: Retin A, but since that's a prescription, I'll go with Pestle & Mortar Hyaluronic Serum

7. Perfume: No strong feelings here...I hop around a lot.  

Twins!!! Pillow talk was a close second! 

1. Blush: Fratboy blush by thebalm.  Everytime I put it on I fall back in love with it
  2. Lipstick: super nude matte lipstick by soap & glory for a basic neutral & Nars lip cover in overheated for a bit more color to the lips
  3. Base: Wet N Wild Photofocus Foundation
  4. Eyeshadow: Modern Renaissance or Swamp Queen by Tarte
  5. Mascara: Cheater by thebalm
  6. Skincare: Yes to blueberries eye cream
  7. Perfume: I have the body spray version, but Can Can by Paris Hilton but I also love Giuletta by Tocca because it reminds me of Scotland
  8. Misc: Chill setting spray by UD, feels so cooling and refreshing to apply after finishing my routine 🙂  & XObeauty's Round face brush is my absolute fav foundation brush

Yay, thank you, @jemly!

1. NARS Sex Appeal. It's reeeeeally hard to decide between that and Impassioned, but I think Sex Appeal is just a smidge more versatile.
  2. UGH THIS IS A HARD ONE I LOVE SO MANY. My gut is telling me NARS Audrey, but I feel like I have to apologize to a handful of others haha.
  3. Technically Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. Cheating a little bit (because it's officially skincare, not makeup), Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment.
  4. Tartelette in Bloom. Not particularly remarkable colorwise, but it's just so easy and dependable.
  5. This month? Bobbi Brown Smoky Eyes.
  6. PTR cucumber mask. If my skin is looking sad or stressed, this is almost always an overnight fix.

@TopazBeth - Cicapair is a base!  It can be used as a primer or it can be used alone since it evens out the skin tone making it a foundation.

Since I use it over my cystic acne scars, I listed it under 8. misc.  😄

136 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • qa.jpg
  • basics.jpg
  • IMG_1135.JPG
  • 4887F9AE-4891-4AF6-B459-CFC7F4E613F3.jpg
  • IMG_6705.JPG
  • IMG_6706.JPG
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
testing