cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Powder vs Cream?

Hi Ladies!

i have followed a very simple routine since teen-hood: under eye concealer, light coverage liquid foundation, setting powder, eye liner and mascara. It has worked for years but now the powder (Laura mercier) seems to make my face look dry, and calls our fine lines and fine hairs on my face. What should I do? I'm considering switching to a cream based routine, but am concerned I will end up looking like an oil slick and that the cream of the makeup will make my mascara smudge. Help!

Re: Powder vs Cream?

Before swtiching, have you tried using a setting spray?  There are different types of sprays (names such as setting, finishing, fixing are sometimes used interchangeably and can be so confusing -then add "mists" to the bunch).

Here's an excellent blog article that explains it all in lay terms, I'm sciencey-geeky so I love this blog:

http://www.labmuffin.com/make-setting-sprays-work-guide/

Re: Powder vs Cream?

I have 50-year old skin and the LM is too drying for my face. I prefer powders with silica as they appear finer on my face and don't cake. The silica will give some flashback if that's a concern. I would see about getting some different samples that will work with your current foundation.

RE: Powder vs Cream?

Hey there- how are you applying the powder? I find that if you use a loose bristled synthetic brush like a #55 Sephora Collection Pro powder brush, and press it all of the skin instead of sweeping; you'll apply thinner layers of makeup allowing you to control the coverage AND it won't pick up little peach fuzz on the face. Also, you could try using a setting spray after you finish your makeup to remove any look of dryness while hydrating your skin. Hope that helps.

its normal that this is happening with the powder foundation. With the right type of liquid foundation it will be better looking , also a good liquid foundation like giorgio armani luminous silk or the laura mercier smooth finish are light to touch but covering so you don't need a lot . When you apply it stretch it from the center of your face to the outside . A good foundation is not heavy , that was before HD technologie happen to our life since then the companies innovated alot;) powder (with setting powder)your nose, and cheeks only if you want to put blush or bronzer I hope I helped you

its normal that this is happening with the powder foundation. With the right type of liquid foundation it will be better looking , also a good liquid foundation like giorgio armani luminous silk or the laura mercier smooth finish are light to touch but covering so you don't need a lot . When you apply it stretch it from the center of your face to the outside . A good foundation is not heavy , that was before HD technologie happen to our life since then the companies innovated alot;) powder (with setting powder)your nose, and cheeks only if you want to put blush or bronzer I hope I helped you
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing