Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Pores :(

Im hoping someone can help! It feels like I’ve tried every primer and foundation and cannot find one that does not sink into the pores on my nose. I look like I have polka dots on my nose! I have tried foundation with no primer and foundation and primer. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Re: Pores :(

I have the same issue. I use a clay mask to tighten my pores and then a glowing primer (hides pores better by creating an illusion). Also, when applying my foundation I use a stippling brush and motion. #yttpsuperclay #cliniqueporerefiningsolutions #beccabacklightingprimer #supergoopglowsunscreen #hellofabcoconutskinsmoothingprimermoisturizer #sephoracollectionproconcealerbrush57

Currently I use Oxygentix and it's great but pricey. I have used Estee Lauder double wear and Too Faced born this way and really loved both. The brush can be used for the whole face but only do the stipple motion where your pores are. Wayne Goss has a great tutorial   

Thank you so much for the tips! I’m going to try them out! 

@catvont20 which primers have you tried? Pore filling or smoothing ones like Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g or tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g or Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer generally do a good job of smoothing out pores and preventing foundation from settling. 

I will inject my cautionary note though - none of us are ever going to look as smooth as the people you see on social media because they are all using filters. It's just impossible to look 100% smooth so I think it's important to manage expectations. 

Thank you so much. I actually was thinking about trying the Tarte primer. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing