Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Need help! Calling the professionals!

Not sure if this is relevant or aloud but I’m going to try anyways.  I am getting married in October, and hiring a professional makeup artist is way too expensive especially since I’d have to pay traveling fees.  So I’m thinking about doing my own makeup, I am pretty good at makeup, I just never cared too much for it to invest in good quality makeup.  So I don’t know anything about it.  I have dry skin, and sometimes red splotches so I definitely want some good (not crazily $$$) foundation.   I know what look I want, but don’t know what products I need to achieve it.  & I do not live anywhere near a Sephora 🤦🏼‍♀️ Or any place like it for that matter.   I am going to upload a photo of my face (without makeup) and a photo of the look I am going for.   Any recommendations or tips are welcomed.  

Me, without makeup.Me, without makeup.

Spoiler
The makeup style I am wanting.  Mainly what I love about this look is the amazing coverage, and the lipstick, but I would need something lighter.  I am paler than this. Though I plan to have a slight tan.

Re: Need help! Calling the professionals!

@Aleah234 I also did my own wedding makeup and have a few recommendations. If you are on a very tight budget I would prioritize complexion products over eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner.

For foundation I would recommend something without SPF, since it photographs better. 

I used the Smashbox 15hr foundation, but would also recommend the new PMG foundation. I can't remember what I used for concealer, but the Born this way concealer is lovely and gives you a meaningful yet natural coverage.

SMASHBOX - Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating Foundation

PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation Medium Deep 25

For blush, I think the Charlotte Tilbury Love Glow would give you the perfect cheek color based on what you are looking for, but if you are on a tighter budget I think Milani blush in luminoso is stunning (peachier). Both have a sheen, photograph well and just make your cheeks look super healthy.

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic Blush Love Glow

For contouring/bronzer/highligher the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo Fair/Mediumwould work beautifully on your pale skin. I try a lot of makeup and to this day, this is my absolute favorite product for sculpting. The highlighter is beautiful too and not overly blinding (really blinding highlights may not photograph that well and may look dated in the future).

Hope this helps!!

@Aleah234 do you have a budget you have in mind for makeup? If you can't afford to buy high end for everything then I would prioritize complexion products (foundation, concealer) over mascara and blush, for example. The drugstore does have some good new releases lately so if you're looking at something on the more affordable side I can probably give you some recommendations, since I love high end and drugstore pretty equally. Just a disclaimer, I am not a MUA just a junkie, and my skin is normal/dry and I live in a dry environment so it might wear different on me than on you.

I think my budget is 200$ but it may be less than that.  I already have my blush, I got milani blush from Walmart that everyone recommended it was 5$, and I got some Clinique skin care routine products for my dry skin I’ve been using every night if I wear makeup that day and every other night when I’m not using makeup. It’s working good right now.   My dress fitting is the 3rd of September, so I plan to go to sephora after, I have never been to a sephora in my life and this is the first time I’ve even been on the site.  I know nothing about it, but I  heard you can pay to get your makeup done and see what products you want, so I may do that.  

Need help! Calling the professionals!

You have beautiful skin! Lashes are a must! I regret not having my makeup done for my wedding. Good luck and congratulations!

Thank you so much! 

@Aleah234 Congratulations! A few of my favorite products to apply on brides are the

Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Brulee

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

LAURA MERCIER - Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder

DIOR - Diorskin Nude Luminizer Shimmering Glow Powder 

NARS - Blush - Super Orgasm

I hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca

@Aleah234 Congratulations!!!!  I also did my own wedding makeup.  I have dry/combo skin and used Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation.  Some key products you would need to achieve this look is lashes of course and waterproof mascara like Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara 01 Waterproof Big is The New Black  You can always look at Ardell or House of Lashes for the style you want.  

Eyeshadow-NATASHA DENONA - Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette or Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Blush-Milani Luminoso, Tom Ford Love Lust, Chantecaille Emotion, Nars Orgasm, Makeup Geek Spellbound.

Lips- MAC Angel, Brave or Whirl.

Highlight-Becca Champagne Pop or Nars Fort de France.

For the red patches you can color correct with green concealer.

Setting Spray-Morphe

How much would you say you spent on your makeup for the wedding, all together?   Thanks so much, I am checking those products out now! 

@Aleah234 I was freelancing on the side so I already had a lot of the makeup I was using.  I wasn’t using drugstore brands so for me it could easily totaled a couple of hundred dollars. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • Me, without makeup.
  • The makeup style I am wanting.  Mainly what I love about this look is the amazing coverage, and the lipstick, but I would need something lighter.  I am paler than this. Though I plan to have a slight tan.
testing