Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: March 2023

It's that time of the month again!  Time to leave cautionary tales of what just didn't work out for you.  Shout it out!

the-best-beauty-products-we-tried-in-september-tout-6d7e514c26bf47a696b7c24fe113efd3.jpg

Re: Monthly Misses: March 2023

Three misses for March. 

55C8D299-AD8E-464F-A479-888546C59262.jpeg

The Dr. Roebuck’s Icebergs Hydrating mask smells like a hot pool float. That plastic-y, been-out-in-the-sun-too-long kind of scent. I tried it once and had to wash it off almost immediately it was so awful.

The Byredo State of Emotions palette. I have been trying to make this work in a number of ways, and sadly, it has proven lackluster in performance. I have found a happy medium in using the darker shade as a liner, but it has overall been a disappointment.

The Givenchy Rose Perfecto Hydrating Lip Balm & Gloss is pretty, but is another product that has a plastic-like scent. Other than that, it is just ok in terms of longevity/wear time. @CynthieLu 

@eshoe how sad that two of the three smelled awful!  That's definitely a deal-breaker for me.

A major part of beauty for me is the olfactory experience @CookieGirl1. I am happy to encounter and tolerate unusual natural scents, but the synthetic plastics are just unpleasant. 

@eshoe I totally agree and especially when I've purchased a product with a higher price tag I expect it to live up to certain standards (scent being one of them).

@eshoe Oh that is such a bummer on all those! I would have been tempted by all 3 as well. 

At least 2 out of three will still be put to use, @Samtian. I had hoped for more, but at least with the shadows, I have room for experimenting. Who knows…maybe that will end up on a later mo tg’s loves list 😂

I was also not impressed with the Givenchy, @eshoe. I ended up returning the one I bought because the scent was just overwhelming for me and it lingered unfortunately. 

You too, @quspork? It was surprising to me that the scent wasn’t something more pleasing. It could have been a sweet gourmand, vanilla cupcake or warm cinnamon…even rose would have elevated the experience 😂

@eshoe @quspork @@Aww sorry you both didn’t love the Givenchy balm. 

I will finish mine, @SportyGirly125, despite not loving it. I opted for this reward so I have a couple more to get through, too 😂 Thankfully, I love the perfume. @quspork 

Spoiler
IMG_3041.jpegIMG_3043.jpeg

@eshoe I own 37 and 210.  So sad it wasn't a love for you.

The scent doesn't bother you at all, @SportyGirly125?

@eshoe It smelled like the regular Givenchy perfume scent for both the ones I have.

Oh wow these are nothing like that @SportyGirly125. I wonder if they are old. 

@eshoe I got mine when they first launched last year.

@SportyGirly125 @eshoe I love the scent on the balm, I also bought mine around the time they launched

That makes sense, @lmaster - thank you!

@eshoe @lmaster When I got my Dior giveaway prize it had a packing slip I think accidentally included. It had a date on it and the prize was 2 years old. When I contacted customer service they said the items were all new and safe to use. I still proceeded with caution. 

I am thinking yours probably was sitting in the warehouse for a bit and it could have gone bad. 

I suspect you are right about that, @SportyGirly125. I recall you receiving that very late, too. I will have to see if there are batch codes I can look up on check fresh.

I had 2 misses this month- Both of these were gifted to me from Sephora. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • the-best-beauty-products-we-tried-in-september-tout-6d7e514c26bf47a696b7c24fe113efd3.jpg
  • 21A68A79-4673-4C6B-9DDD-29FE96251DF8.jpeg
  • 55C8D299-AD8E-464F-A479-888546C59262.jpeg
  • IMG_3041.jpeg
  • IMG_3043.jpeg
testing