Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: February 2024

It's been an interesting month with all the issues logging onto BIC.  And I bet there were some beauty misses, too.  Please share them here.  

greeneyedgirl107_0-1708990334862.png

Re: Monthly Misses: February 2024

I would have to go with the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine i know it’s very popular and I’m sure works lovely for people, I just didn’t have the best experience 🫶💕

@peculiarzmakeup I am on the fence about this product.  It is good but not worth all the hype , there are better products out there 

I can so relate! Sometimes it’s those products that have less mention or are a personal preference that really have that hype due to it being a good fit for the individual! @CorgiMommy  ❤️🫶

I didn’t care for it either @peculiarzmakeup. I didn’t find it moisturizing enough.

It kinda felt sticky like you said lack of moisture! But it’s nice to hear the success stories I found a gloss I really like so I’m happy with that! @Loretta55  ❤️

Is the product that you are talking about LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss @peculiarzmakeup ? That is another favorite of mine.

Yes it is! It definatley is a favorite for me as well @Loretta55 ❤️

the new shade ( just enough) of the PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo was not my favorite. i have the shade shes a doll and really like it, but even on my pale skin the lighter shade looks really chalky. formula is still great, but the color was not my fav

I hope you find a better fit 🫶 @sct2 

@sct2 that happens sometimes, just try again 

@sct2, thanks for the honest feedback.  Sorry for the outcome, but at least you have she's a doll!

I kept waffling on getting another one since Sephora pulled She's Baked and I think Do We Know Her is replaced with one of the newer ones.  But, I wasn't drawn to the new shades since they were rumored to be less pigmented, so it helps to know that the pigmentation is off.

I tried the reformulated version of Josie Maran Vanilla Bean - Whipped Argan Oil Refillable Firming Body Butter Jar 13.5 oz / 400 mL @greeneyedgirl107 . I felt like I was applying lotion to my skin and not body butter. The scent remained unchanged but it was much weaker in this new version. Guess I will have to hunt down some of the old version and hoard them.

The name of it sounds so lovely, but I hope you find something more in the realm of what your looking for 💕🫶 @Loretta55 

The product was reformulated @peculiarzmakeup. I have been using it for over 10 years and I am hoping that Josie reads the feedback from your customers.

That is very disappointing to hear @Loretta55 . 

I’m hoping that Josie will listen to her consumers and go back to the original version @CorgiMommy .

Oh that's a bummer, @Loretta55. I was just telling @lmaster how much I loved her body butters...this does not bode well 😐 

@eshoe @Loretta55 what!!?? So it no longer has that thicker consistency??

Unfortunately the new version is not thick @lmaster @eshoe . I am extremely disappointed. I purchased it at QVC on Saturday when it was a TSV. Hopefully Josie will listen to her consumers and she will reformulate it back to the original version.

Wow I guess with the packaging its in, it would have to be somewhat thin to come out... That never dawned on me @Loretta55 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 129 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1708990334862.png
  • IMG_20240227_160451077.jpg
testing