Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Makeup concerns

Hey i just want to discuss some concerns
1. No matter what i do my makeup is always cakey. I put on moisturizer first aid beauty My primer is makeup forever and still my makeup is cakey
I even tried using less products but doesnt help
So what am i doing wrong or could it just be the makeup im using not suiting me? I use makeupforever hd foundation and nars creamy concealer and the photofinish powder of makeupforever My face is super dry but also 2-3 hours of having makeup on makes it oily And always cakey
Also i can start seeing the makeup on my face come apart after few hours. I always have on setting spray. Another issue is that i also use the orange dark spot corrector and i can still see the marks on my face after putting on makeup. So what would you guys suggest? 

Re: Makeup concerns

I used to use makeup forever hd foundation and it was cakey on me too! I hate the look of cakey skin thats why I now use a tinted primer from Gee beauty ( you could use tinted moisturizer, bb cream, etc) It's lighter and doesn't seem to give you that cakey look. If you're insecure about using such light coverage, I would go searching for a new foundation. Because there are foundations out there that dont make you look cakey. 

Another reason your foundation may be cakey is because of your primer or your setting powder. My concealer (bars creamy concealer) used to become cakey and disgusting when I was using the laura mercier setting powder, I thought it was the concealer for so long. Then I bought the fenty setting powder and now my undereyes dont look cakey at all. There are so many factors that could be causing this. So I would do some research on the products your using. 

Makeup concerns

I have the same problem with foundation being cakey no matter what I do. I dont use foundation because of it however I have normal skin with it being a bit dry in the winter. I would try the Julep 5 in 1 cushion complexion its sold at ulta and of course the julep website. Its listed as a foundation in ulta however on the website it claims to conceal blur and illuminate. So for me it acts as a foundation and concealer. It does blur and it doesn't look cakey at all it looks very much like skin and I have some redness and dark circles which it does a great job covering up. I used this for awhile now and used it in the winter when my skin was dry and it didnt cling to any dry patches. I really cant help you with the oil breaking through your makeup but have you tried baking that might help with how long your makeup lasts
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing