Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi taunt and milk are on my must try list!!

@cianni, I love the Taunt scent. Iโ€™m contemplating picking up the scented detergent. You know, I wasnโ€™t sure about the Milk layering scent, but it really elevates the Taunt scent. I would not have believed it if I hadnโ€™t tried them in the set. With my body chemistry, the Milk really paid well with Taunt. I donโ€™t get that with the other Dedcool fragrances, which is actually okay by me because my word!! My wallet is taking a beating this holiday season. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

@itsfiomg I know, I thought I was doing so well with not picking too many things up this year till November rolled aroundโ€ฆ. and itโ€™s been downhill since then ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Iโ€™m back on a fragrance kick apparently!

@itsfi  This sounds wonderful ๐Ÿฅฐ

It was at lot of fun to go through this discovery set @Cissy63๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  This sounds wonderful ๐Ÿฅฐ

This one was fun to try @Cissy63! Interesting how the layering scent affected the notes in the other fragrances. 

@itsfi - This set is on my Loves list.

@Titian06, this set surprised me, in a good way. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@itsfi  Vanilla amber sounds sooo good!!  Have you tried Kayali Invite Only Amber 23?  Iโ€™m wondering how similar the two would beโ€ฆ  KAYALI INVITE ONLY AMBER | 23 

@heartsmyface, I have not tried the Kayali. I didnโ€™t even know about it until you mentioned it. Iโ€™ll be downtown at the end of the week and may have to see if I can scurry over to a store during lunch to test it out. ๐Ÿค” 

I definitely love those smells!

@Sha03  Theyโ€™re beautiful arenโ€™t they?  I love warm spicy and sweet fragrances as well:) 

Iโ€™ve tried and loved most of the Maison Margiela Replica perfumes. My first love being โ€œby the fireplaceโ€. Just recently got โ€œcoffee breakโ€ as a sample and loved it so much I bought a bottle the next day. Still waiting for it to show up! 

@strgazrmoonchld  Coffee break is one I have yet to experience!   By The Fireplace I didnโ€™t like at first but I warmed up to it.  I still have to be in a very specific mood to enjoy so itโ€™s travel size for me:) 

@strgazrmoonchld I still really want to smell Maison Margiela REPLICA' Matcha Meditation" because it sounds interesting!  That's great that you found a couple of scents from the brand that you love ๐Ÿ™‚

@CookieGirl1   Yeah you do!!! Itโ€™s one of my favourite scents for how light and airy it is!  I powered through a travel size of it in two to three months and had to have the large bottle.  

@heartsmyface do you smell the chocolate much or more just the matcha?

Waiting on a delivery is so fun,  all that anticipation ๐Ÿ˜„ I hope it arrives soon! @strgazrmoonchld 

I recieved a sample of #TULA Skincare Brightening Treatment Drops Triple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and it the nicest vitamin C serum I have ever tried, it absorbed well, didn't pill with my other skin care, and was so brightening when I used it. Loved this so much I needed the full size ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu  Ohh thanks for putting this on my radar! That blue packaging doesnโ€™t make me think of Tula as a brand Iโ€™d look for a great vitamin C product within. Noted.  Have you tried Sunday Riley CEO?  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg