Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Late posting of a new favorite. I worked through a 14-day sampling / trial set of the EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL and fell in love with the results. My skin tone started looking more even (less sun spots and discoloration), to the point where other people, including my aesthetician, noticed and made comments on my skin looking better. ๐Ÿ’– I knew I needed a full size. I wasnโ€™t as consistent with it last month as I should have been, but we can change that, right?!! Right!! Jumping back into being more diligent with this serum and am excited for the results to come. 

6.2023 Eadem Dark Spot Serum.jpg

Thanks foe the post! I will definitely give this a try! 

@shyharv, if you have a chance to try out the Eadem dark spot serum, definitely do so. I've been happy with the results. Are you currently using a serum for discoloration or dark spots that you like?

@itsfi @These sound like something I should try.  Maybe in the Fall sale!

@Cissy63, I've been very impressed with the EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL. I wish the brand offered sample sizes; I know foils aren't the most eco-friendly way to go about things but it sure helps to have trial sizes to test out products before committing to a full size. 

I relate to this post so much!! Trying a sample of the Bouncy Bright Facial from Drunk Elephant turned into me making my first ever full-size DE purchase! Havenโ€™t looked back and will continue to repurchase! Such a game-changer for acne scars and dullness!

I got a sample of #KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

I am soooo surprised at how much I love it. I usually prefer floral or fruit scents on the lighter side.  

The Kilian is heavier( for a fruit scent imo) and its deep. One spray was enough and when I caught whiffs of it through out the day I was really happy with it. So, I'm happily surprised and loving this sample!

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฅƒ

@CynthieLu  I have read so many good things about this scent.  Good to know you also enjoy it๐Ÿฅฐ

It's sooo different and not like anything I usually buy or gravitate towards @Cissy63 I typically am getting light, fruity and floral scents.  This one thou, is deep and has more depth and body.  

@JessKors - At least you gave them to someone and didn't throw them out! ๐Ÿ™‚

My top three favorite samples of all times are:

- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Cruella (only red lipstick thatโ€™s ever worked on me, amazing bday sample gift).

- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent (another amazing bday sample).

- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter Unscented (one of the most luxurious moisturizers Iโ€™ve ever tried, but itโ€™s definetly a splurge)

@arrecife  Oh these are all great products ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@arrecife  Oh yea!! The Nars lip pencils are gorgeously pigmented and have such beautiful texture!  Plus such a good stain to the lips!  

I was able to grab the Sephora Favorites Year of the Water Rabbit Little Luxuries Set and discovered some new must-haves. ๐Ÿ‡

Dr. Barbara Sturm The Better B Niacinamide Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL& Dr. Barbara Sturm Super Anti-Aging Night Cream 1 oz / 30 mL 

These two products gave me the ultimate glass skin. I used them in combination with my regular skincare routine, listed in my post history, and even my friends noticed a big difference.

Estรฉe Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Gel-Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

I always thought eye creams were silly, but this one proved me wrong. Incredibly moisturizing and this sample lasted me ages - great value.

Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream for Anti-Aging 

I used to be super into K-beauty and I can't believe I never tried this brand. The smell is definitely polarizing, some may or may not like this, but it sinks in beautifully and I always woke up with plump skin after using this in my PM routine.

Clรฉ de Peau Beautรฉ The Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

OK, this ranks with La Mer in terms of affordability but if you are going to spend $$$ on skincare then this is for you. Gorgeous bottle and very hydrating.

@lavendersmoke Wow, youโ€™re making these sound absolutely incredible! Iโ€™m taking notes for my next haul! ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’•

@lavendersmoke  Ouhh glass skin you say?  okay Iโ€™m convinced.  just one little splurge;) 

So hydrated and glossy! Just make sure SPF is your final step ๐Ÿ˜Š

@heartsmyface - With my last order, I picked the sample set of Briogeo Donโ€™t Despair, Repair!โ„ข Super Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair , Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Super Moisture Conditioner for Dry + Damaged Hair 16 oz/ 473 mL , Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL.. I've been using the mask on and off for years, but I've never tried the shampoo and conditioner.  I really liked how well they cleaned and moisturized my dry, fine, thin, wavy, curly hair and dry, itchy scalp.  Next sale, I will probably get the full size of both to see how they work over the long haul.

3.2023 Dedcool 01 Taunt.jpeg

I love the idea of fragrance discovery sets! I may not always find a scent I love, love, looooove โ™ฅ๏ธ but I enjoy being able sample a few scents from a line or collection without having to pay for full bottles. The DedCool Discovery Set was great in that regard @heartsmyface . Iโ€™d never heard of the brand until I saw this set online.

Fragrance 01 โ€œTauntโ€ is my favorite - itโ€™s fresh, sweet, soft and creamy blend of vanilla and amber. ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™ve purchased the scent in an DedCool 01 "Taunt" Air Freshener for myself and as gifts and recently picked up the DedCool 01 "Taunt" Eau de Parfum Travel Spray .5oz / 15 mL - wouldnโ€™t be surprised if a full size makes its way here at some point. 

@itsfi taunt and milk are on my must try list!!

@cianni, I love the Taunt scent. Iโ€™m contemplating picking up the scented detergent. You know, I wasnโ€™t sure about the Milk layering scent, but it really elevates the Taunt scent. I would not have believed it if I hadnโ€™t tried them in the set. With my body chemistry, the Milk really paid well with Taunt. I donโ€™t get that with the other Dedcool fragrances, which is actually okay by me because my word!! My wallet is taking a beating this holiday season. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

Conversation Stats
Photos23
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg
  • Nest Orange oil.JPG