cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Okay. Here it goes. I do not know a thing about makeup. I have always rocked the natural look with occasional eye shadow or dark lipstick. But truth is, I love wild makeup. Beautiful eyeshadow, fun wild colored eyebrows of the day, and I LOVE deep sexy matte lipstick. 

Problem with wearing dark lipstick is it washes me out.

So here is a painting of my skin. I have very large pores. Acne prone skin and scarring(nothing crazy). Maybe a combination of oily and dry? 

What steps do I do to put on makeup? I've heard there is something to use so my pores dont fill up with makeup and get all gross? I dont like full coverage (for myself) so what style of foundation do I use? I'm a total noob, but I would like to learn! All help is appreciated. Hopefully I am posting in the right place!

Tags:

RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

The routine I recommend is to clean your face as itโ€™s your canvas, use your toners, serums etc. And moisturizer. Use a primer to help provide a smooth canvas and help blur blemishes, you can next use a colour corrector if you wanted to blur blemishes even further! After you can use foundation / concealer, powders, and will create a nice base to start your makeup ! This is just a general to help to get going, eventually youโ€™ll find what works best for you and your skin ๐Ÿ™‚
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Thanks so much for the order of things. ^.^ it truly helps!

RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Following my skincare routine, Iโ€™ll typically use a the tarte quench primer and then put on my favorite foundation โ€œborn this wayโ€ by too faced. My trick is that Iโ€™ll then ALSO use the Makeup forever HD stick over areas that I have a blemish or a dark spot... WORKS LIKE MAGIC. And then use concealer and all of that jazz and so on. If Iโ€™m doing a more natural look Iโ€™ll do my typical skincare routine and instead of the primer, use the supergoop glow sunscreen as my base/ primer... then I use the HD stick over my blemishes ONLY. And then Iโ€™ll use some milk blush stick, hourglass highlight, mascara, brow gel, a natural lip, and voila...I finish both looks with urban decay setting spray. Hope this helps!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

You are the best! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Of course! Also, I havenโ€™t tried it myself.... but Ive heard thereโ€™s a new trick to 1st do your skincare, then prime, then spray your face with setting spray (crazy I know), and then put powder on.... then foundation. Itโ€™s supposed to make your makeup go on more evenly/give you more coverage/and make it last even longer.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing