cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Okay. Here it goes. I do not know a thing about makeup. I have always rocked the natural look with occasional eye shadow or dark lipstick. But truth is, I love wild makeup. Beautiful eyeshadow, fun wild colored eyebrows of the day, and I LOVE deep sexy matte lipstick. 

Problem with wearing dark lipstick is it washes me out.

So here is a painting of my skin. I have very large pores. Acne prone skin and scarring(nothing crazy). Maybe a combination of oily and dry? 

What steps do I do to put on makeup? I've heard there is something to use so my pores dont fill up with makeup and get all gross? I dont like full coverage (for myself) so what style of foundation do I use? I'm a total noob, but I would like to learn! All help is appreciated. Hopefully I am posting in the right place!

Tags:

RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

The routine I recommend is to clean your face as it’s your canvas, use your toners, serums etc. And moisturizer. Use a primer to help provide a smooth canvas and help blur blemishes, you can next use a colour corrector if you wanted to blur blemishes even further! After you can use foundation / concealer, powders, and will create a nice base to start your makeup ! This is just a general to help to get going, eventually you’ll find what works best for you and your skin 🙂
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Thanks so much for the order of things. ^.^ it truly helps!

RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Following my skincare routine, I’ll typically use a the tarte quench primer and then put on my favorite foundation “born this way” by too faced. My trick is that I’ll then ALSO use the Makeup forever HD stick over areas that I have a blemish or a dark spot... WORKS LIKE MAGIC. And then use concealer and all of that jazz and so on. If I’m doing a more natural look I’ll do my typical skincare routine and instead of the primer, use the supergoop glow sunscreen as my base/ primer... then I use the HD stick over my blemishes ONLY. And then I’ll use some milk blush stick, hourglass highlight, mascara, brow gel, a natural lip, and voila...I finish both looks with urban decay setting spray. Hope this helps!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

You are the best! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond 🙂

RE: Re: RE: I Need Help! Total Newbie Alert

Of course! Also, I haven’t tried it myself.... but Ive heard there’s a new trick to 1st do your skincare, then prime, then spray your face with setting spray (crazy I know), and then put powder on.... then foundation. It’s supposed to make your makeup go on more evenly/give you more coverage/and make it last even longer.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing