Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

How to prevent Concealer Creasing

I have a problem with concealer creasing under my eyes. I normally use the Nyx conceal correct contour palette so I'm not sure if I just need to try a different product or if I should do something to make the concealer not crease up. I also use the L.A. Girl Pro Concealer as well. Any advice on application/technique of how to prevent the creasing. Part of me feels as though I have fatty under eye lids, which could also be the reason for the creasing. HELP ME!

Tags:

Re: How to prevent Concealer Creasing

Do you moisturize beforehand?  Making sure you use a good moisturizer is a must!  You can also use a little primer, and as @SportyGirly125 said setting it as well.  I like the Hourglass Veil as well, but prefer By Terry's powder.  Expensive - but I only use it for setting under the eye so it last a long while and is well worth it  As for concealers, you might want to try the new Hourglass concealer or the new Charlotte Tilbury concealer - both more "forgiving" (and take it from someone who's more mature - at least that's what my age says! - I appreciate "forgiving") 

@BeautifullyJaye wrote:

I have a problem with concealer creasing under my eyes. I normally use the Nyx conceal correct contour palette so I'm not sure if I just need to try a different product or if I should do something to make the concealer not crease up. I also use the L.A. Girl Pro Concealer as well. Any advice on application/technique of how to prevent the creasing. Part of me feels as though I have fatty under eye lids, which could also be the reason for the creasing. HELP ME!

Yes I always moisturize as a part of my skincare routine!...

Yes I always moisturize as a part of my skincare routine! I've been using a few moisturizers but I think I'm going to go back to the Murad moisturizer. Thanks for the suggestions will definitely try

@BeautifullyJaye It could be the concealer you are using that is causing the creasing.  Make sure the concealer is blended well by using a damp sponge.  Do you set your under eyes?  To prevent creasing make sure to set the under eye area.  I like using HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder Otherwise you might need to change to a different concealer since it might not work with your skin or maybe it could be a skin routine issue. 

Yes, I normally do use a setting powder to set my eyes so I'm thinking that it's just the products that I'm using honestly since they are on the cheaper side (but they are my go-to's in the clutch). Thanks for all the advice, I will try the new products that you advised as well. So in your opinion, it's better to use a beauty blender for concealer or a brush?

@BeautifullyJaye I personally use the tip of my fingers to warm the product onto my skin but a damp beauty blender would work too.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing