cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Acid Cleansers? Thoughts?

183FCF8F-3BD4-4EE9-908E-A86C13233EB5.jpeg

Has anyone tried this product? Curious to hear what people think? 😍 The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Usually luv the inkey list and need a cleanser with a little oomph. 

Tags:

Re: Acid Cleansers? Thoughts?

@Julessss14  The acid in that cleanser is hyaluronic acid, which is a humectant ingredient. It draws moisture into the skin and holds it there to help keep skin hydrated. It can also leach moisture out of skin if you don't use a good moisturizer soon after applying the hyaluronic acid product. 

Note that hyaluronic acid's not the same kind of acid as an AHA like glycolic acid, which does something very different. Hyaluronic acid doesn't exfoliate skin and is generally safe for all skin types, though some folks are sensitive to it. (Anyone's skin can become sensitive to nearly any ingredient, really.) 

EDIT because I hit Post too quickly: looking at this cleanser's INCI list, I expect it to cleanse well enough. I wouldn't rely on it as a sole source of hyaluronic acid though, if that's an ingredient you're looking to add to your skincare routine. Cleansers aren't usually on skin long enough for antioxidants and active ingredients to do much, and I don't think letting this particular cleanser sit on your face for a few minutes would be beneficial. (Compared to, say, a cleanser that contains BHA or benzoyl peroxide, which you'd want to let sit on your face for 2-3 minutes to let the active ingredient do its job before rinsing.) 

I haven't tried this particular cleanser. If you try it, tell us what you think about it! 

Re: Acid Cleansers? Thoughts?

@WinglessOne you are amazing! What a detailed response! I am going to try to cleanser tonight so will let you know. 😃 Oftentimes, I prefer cleansers with the little beads, since it leaves my skin feeling a little but more refreshed and exfoliated, but we will see how this goes!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • 183FCF8F-3BD4-4EE9-908E-A86C13233EB5.jpeg
testing