Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Body scrub and lotion

Hey all! I’m looking for a new scrub and body butter. I have pretty dry skin when it comes to my legs and arms but not so much on my body. I’m also looking for a really good scrub that can slough off all the dry dead skin but won’t dry me out or irritate my skin.

Re: Body scrub and lotion

@nailcolorfreek I am currently using a fragrance free one for KP on the legs. I love that it has AHA in it. First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g 

Hi @nailcolorfreek ! I also have dry body skin. Instead of a scrubbing body wash or salt scrub, I use my normal body wash (usually Skinfix Foaming Oil Body Wash) with an scrubby glove or towel in the shower, like these: 

ACC7B863-7BEB-4B94-881C-42A10A941E0C_4_5005_c.jpeg2703EBF7-DFF4-4036-A229-A88EE335AC9B.jpeg

The scrubby towels are much gentler than the gloves and I can easily lather up my entire back with them, so I use them more frequently. I use the exfoliating gloves just once a week to avoid over-exfoliating my skin. 

I don't use body butter often on my whole body; they frequently get used on my feet. My favorites are The Body Shop butters, especially the mango, strawberry, and olive oil varieties. For the rest of my body, Aveeno body lotion works fine—as long as I apply it while my skin's still damp (not dripping wet, but definitely not dried off), so it can seal in that hydration. I recommend that no matter what body moisturizer you use: make sure your skin's damp when you apply it. 

In the winter, I sometimes switch to a CeraVe moisturizer for my body, which also gets applied to damp skin. 

yes you can easily make your own scrubs with used coffee (great for cellulite) and/or sugar, and oil. 

tree hut has a bunch of different scrubs that smell great and are cheap.

this is popular and occasionally comes back in stock. SEPHORA COLLECTION Super Supreme Body Butter Body Butter  the body shop always has great body butters too.

UPDATE: This was originally a reply to someone else who was posting lots of ads for their own etsy shop. Looks like a mod deleted their post. 🙂 

@Anonymous FYI, soliciting and direct links to commercial sites (aside from Sephora) aren't allowed here. Here's the BIC guideline rule: 

"No solicitation. Please do not use these forums to submit or publish any marketing communication, to survey or study the Community, or to advertise or solicit for any business or enterprise. Direct links to other commercial websites are inappropriate for our Beauty Insider Community. Those postings will be removed and can result in the suspension of your access to these services. Please do not reach out to members directly for any type of solicitation or gratis. If you are interested in sending product to Community members, please reach out to a Community Admin who will have an “Admin” badge." Full guidelines: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-GUIDELINES-Updated-8-24-20/m-p/2825592

Also, I feel obligated to mention that "all natural ingredients" can be just as bad for skin as "harsh chemicals." I'm not saying your specific products are bad... I haven't seen your ingredients lists, and different people react badly to different ingredients. But essential oils and added fragrances—even natural ones from essential oils—can be very irritating. So, no one should fear a product simply because it contains what they think are non-natural chemicals. 🙂 

Body scrub and lotion

I don't have the answer to those questions, but I do suggest you consider what I do--use loofah gloves to scrub with your favorite body wash, or a new body wash that is maybe more moisturizing. This way every body wash is a scrub!

yes I use my bath pouf w/mario badescu aha body wash for extra exfoliation. 🙂

My favorite body scrub right now is Herbivore Amethyst Body Scrub with Epsom Salt 6.6 oz/ 200 mL . But I think a good general rule for a non-drying body scrub is one that incorporates oils or other emollients that can sink into your skin after you've scrubbed. 

Let me know if you find a good body butter, still looking!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • ACC7B863-7BEB-4B94-881C-42A10A941E0C_4_5005_c.jpeg
  • 2703EBF7-DFF4-4036-A229-A88EE335AC9B.jpeg
testing