Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Vitamin c serum

Any recs for favorite vitamin c serums? I've tried Drunk Elephant, the Ordinary, Inkey List and Paula's Choice. Still haven't found a favorite though. Age 44 for reference, thanks! 

Re: Vitamin c serum

I am using chiltanpure vitamin c serum and I am happy for the use of this serum its realy work and very good product.

Check: https://chiltanpure.com/products/vitamin-c-serum

How does the drunk elephant go on there skin

I don't think Sephora carries it anymore unfortunately, but the best vitamin C serum that I used was from Dermadoctor (Kakadu C).  I really saw results.

When I travel, I use the entire Sunday Riley skincare line, including the Vitamin C. It's reliable, doesn't break me out, plays well under makeup, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I'll grab it when it's on sale, and I know I can find it in most major cities if I run out. When I'm home, I use a brand that Sephora doesn't carry.

Thank you!

I second this! I’ve tried a few and Sunday Riley’s was the best

I’ve done several bottles of Timeless Vit C and am currently using PTR Vitamin C Power Serum, which I’ve enjoyed and would buy again. I like the texture and leaves my skin dewy. I’m looking into Paula’s Choice Antioxidant next. 

Thank you!

@kima4  A few questions to help me narrow my recommendations: 

• What’s your skin type/behavior? 
  • Are you sensitive or allergic to any specific skincare ingredients? 
  • Is there a certain %/strength of vitamin C you’re looking for? Higher strength =/= better product, but some folks have a target strength in mind. 
  • What don’t you like about the vitamin C serums you’ve already tried? Why didn’t they meet your expectations? 
  • Do you have a price cap? 

Oh, and which Paula’s Choice vitamin C serum did you try? They make more than one. 🙂

Hi there. So normal skin type, with no sensitivities to products. Biggest complaint with other brands I have tried already is pilling and ineffectiveness. No price cap, just looking for something that works. Also not particular on a strength, open to anything. Oh and Paula's choice one was the 25% vitamin c and glutathione serum. Thank you!

@kima4 I rec The INKEY List 15% Vitamin C and EGF Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL It's airtight and super affordable.  I also looked into BeautyStat a while back, and now I'm hearing a lot about it.  Also, Timeless is something I looked into.  I personally only use Vitamin C with airtight containers and only purchase from brands that disclose the concentration of Vitamin C.

Thank you! 

Thank you!

Thank you!

@kima4 Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Leahlani brightening serum 

Leanne Grace brightening serum

Thank you!