Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Undereye Concealer with Fine Lines

Hi--I need some help finding a new concealer that won't immediately go into my undereye fine lines. I'm pretty fair so I feel like the concealer is pretty noticeable when I have a white streak underneath my eyes! I've tried the Huda Beauty concealer under my eyes and while I really like the shade range they have, I find it just really sits in my creases 5 minutes after application. Any recs would be so so welcome!

Product recommendations aside, I'm also wondering if you have any recommendations on how to apply concealer so it won't immediately settle into the creases. Do you use a particular brush? Sponge? Fingers? Do you wet said brush or sponge before you use it? Do you have an eye prep you swear by that won't crease your concealer?

Re: Undereye Concealer with Fine Lines

@Ka88888 something that you might try is to apply a blurring/pore-smoothing primer under your eyes, just like you would on other parts of your face.  Having that primer to help fill in some of those fine lines so that your concealer can't settle into them as much often helps.

Re: Undereye Concealer with Fine Lines

Hi! I'm 45 so I think I can help you regarding fine lines and creasing! 

First and most importantly is your skincare! Always use your favorite serums and moisturizer as soon as you get out of the shower or washing your face to allow all the good stuff to fully absorb,  give it at least 15 minutes and always pat in. 

Second,  DO NOT bring your foundation up to where you're going to use concealer! The more you have on that area the more it'll cease.  Huda is great, but use only a dot and still don't bring it up at your lash line. Pat it in with your ring finger from inner corner to outer. One it's nicely blended out, use your sponge or brush to continue to blend to your liking. If you want a little more coverage add half the amount you used the first time. Blend again with your finger. ALSO let it sit for a couple of minutes to "set" and the coverage becomes greater then tap in with your finger.

After all that blending I like to use a velour puff or even a simple powder puff with your translucent powder of choice pressed into it,  don't apply a lot to it either. I push it in by tapping the powder into my hand.  Looking up,  tap any creases out with your finger then tap your prepared puff under you eye, start in the one corner. Tap, tap, tap across the lower eye. Then do the next eye. I like to work in sections. 

Once your all done spray your setting spray,  again tap your under eye to smooth out. If you think it looks dry, warm a dot of moisturizer on your hand and tap it under your eyes.  Even better if it's a plumping moisturizer. When done with light hands, it'll look so beautiful! Very lightly tap some powder with a soft eyeshadow brush, very little powder is needed,  to take down some.  It won't lift all your work and your undereyes will look great.  

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing