Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Sunscreen for eyes

Well, eyelids anyway. Huge sunscreen fan but can’t apply to lids without stinging etc an hour or two later. For the rest of the day. Currently have around a dozen eye fails in the bathroom cupboard - face sprays, eye cream, bb creams, face sunscreens - all mineral only. IT’s CC cream, for all its citrus scent, is fine! Reapplication a no go unless a Vaudeville look’s your thing though😉. Help!

Things I’ve tried:

Aussie Gold, Replenix, Avene, La Roche Anthelios x3 formulations, MD Solar Sciences Creme and BB, CoTZ, MyChelle, Supergoop eye cream and finishing spray,

Re: Sunscreen for eyes

Does it have to be a mineral sunscreen? if not, I’ll recommend SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40. It’s the only sunscreen I can wear on my eyelids without irritation. Even when I wear a different sunscreen (chemical or physical/mineral) on the rest of my face, Unseen Sunscreen’s the only one that goes above and under my eyes. It even acts as a primer for concealer in my tear troughs; it doesn’t do as well as a primer on my lids, but it plays nice with any eyeshadow primer I apply over it. 

Sticking with mineral for now, but definitely trying your suggestion in the future. The travel size Supergoop finishing spray in my bag, on my desk, and near the sofa for quick retouches through the day works well over skincare and a mineral sunscreen - near the eyes or straight over skincare’s a different story though. Really, really like the concealer angle, so keen to try Unseen. Thanks so much!

@WinnieG I've been using 

COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL

recently and haven't had any issues with eye irritation. It wears well under makeup. 

Day 2 and all is well! Such a relief to find something that works. Thanks for a great suggestion.

Thanks so much. Ordering now!

@WinnieG   You really have done some experimenting!  

I see that Supergoop has an spf eye shadow in addition to their eye cream that you already used (assuming it could be used as a base.) https://www.sephora.com/product/shimmer-shade-spf-30-P442701?icid2=products%20grid:p442701:product

How about Shiseido's spf eye cream?  I have their spf for the face and it's very gentle.

https://www.sephora.com/product/sun-protection-eye-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-34-sunscreen-P384788?ici...

Thanks so much! Ordering recommendations in the order received! Have you tried the Shiseido? Everything I’ve used has been fine for the rest of the face, but the eyes act like I just dumped weaponized poison in them! Grrr. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing