Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Sunday Riley Luna sleeping oil.

Im just wondering what to do here. I just bought this oil about 3-4 days ago. And I notice when I apply it my face immediately gets red. Not all over just “blotchy”.. I was using it for abou 3 days now and I looked in the mirror and have HUGE blackheads everywhere... my skin is normally clear with the occasionally period pimple. I have minor blackheads in my t zone but nothing compared to these. These are so big. And they are all over. Should I stop using this? Seems like my skin is having a bad reaction to this product. Also can anyone recommend a retinol product that won’t possibly break me out? 

Tags:

Re: Sunday Riley Luna sleeping oil.

I had a similar experience with this product @Lmarie90 and once I discontinued it in about a week my skin went back to normal. It kind of bummed me out because I was so excited to try it.

It is disappointing when you spend so much money on these products.. I don’t have a receipt but at least I can give it to my mom. Whose skin can handle virtually anything lol. I have a retinol moisturizer that works better than that Sunday Riley luna that I bought off of amazon lol. And it’s wayyyyy cheaper! Sometimes I wonder about these high end products.... 🤔 although I took good care of my skin my entire life, I wanted to up my skincare game since I’ll be 30 in 2 years. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a good routine with good products here soon.. 

Another thing I will say is that I’m starting to realize that I shouldn’t always go with what the sephora employee says. Or reccomends... This is the 3rd time they talked me into a product that does no good to my skin. Gotta do my own research and go with my gut. Not just because “it works for them” 🙄

RE: Sunday Riley Luna sleeping oil.

Hi! Gosh- I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this! I hate when this happens to me. With sensitive skin, I have to be sooooo careful. Have you tried the Ordinary’s Retinol Emulsion? I’ve been loving it and have not experienced negative reactions! Hope you experience the same!

If the redness is immediate, I'd say you're definitely reacting to an ingredient in the product. Discontinue use immediately and see if your skin improves.. 

I find that it takes ~2 weeks for my skin to return to normal after I have a reaction, so go back to your regular routine before Luna and give your skin time to heal. 

Thanks for the advice I’m definitely going to discontinue this... I thought it might have been my new vitamin c serum ( ole Henriksen Truth serum ) that was causing these breakouts but I’m pretty positive it’s not..  I guess I’ll give the serum to my mom. Her skin seems to handle anything she puts on it. I always give her my products that don’t work for me lol. At least it’s not a total waste 😂

Good luck @Lmarie90! If discontinuing the Luna doesn't help, then try the OH serum too! It's possible your skin is just sensitive to too many active ingredients at once as well!

Thank you hun and I agree with that lol My fiancé is always yelling at me “it’s because you try too many stuff at once!” I should probably lay off a little lol or try these products out one by one 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing