Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Need smaller pores

I need help for my mom. She is in her 40s n she has big pores and combination skin. Can suggest me what she can use to minimize her pores

Tags:

Re: Need smaller pores

Hey There!  So, when it comes to pores… there’s a lot of misinformation out there.  You cannot make your pores smaller.  That’s just the reality of it.  And… as we age and our skin loses elasticity, they will grow in size.  But that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything.

Vitamin C will help reinforce collagen, and help.  Retinols increase cell turn over, and can help them from getting clogged. Niacinamide  can help but I can’t remember how at the moment.

If she’s never tried a retinol before, only use it every two to three days, and use a small amount.  Slowly work up to nightly.  And a sunscreen is a must.

I really like Sunday Riley Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil.  

That said, there’s some makeup things you can do, as well.  Supergoop! Mineral Mattescreen SPF 40 Mineral Sunscreen 1.5 oz / 45 mL  is a great sunscreen, and doubles as a primer that works well to blur pores, especially when paired with a finishing powder, like the ones in Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette Jellyfish.

I’m a little older than her, and I’ve found this combo really effective, and I hope she does, too.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing