Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Botox anyone?

I've been fighting the dreaded frown lines for about two years now.  I'm 37 (eeeek),  I feel like dermarolling and strict nightly routine have taken me as far as I can go. Can any of you share your botox experience with me?  What age were you when you started? 

Re: Botox anyone?

Do it-- I'm not sorry I did.  Beginning in my early 30s (39 now GASP), I started to notice a furrow growing and growing between my brows, and after trying some old fashioned remedies which did precisely nothing, I decided to be brave, spend the money, and try Botox.  I was a little anxious at first, and I always feel a little light-headed immediately after injection-- which my current derm explained is a blood pressure thing, mine is low anyway and it drops when you get any kind of injection.  That mild unpleasantness aside, I feel the results are worth it. Regular Botox -- every 4 months or so-- has kept my furrow from deepening further, but the skin was compressed (I should've started getting Botox sooner for my particular muscle structure) so my derm convinced me to try Juvederm to fill the area between my brows, and a year later it still looks smooth!  So glad I did it, and no longer looking in the mirror and thinking "Who is this worried,concentrating &/or angry woman looking at me?  I'm still in my 30s?!?"  If you decide to go for it, do enroll in a rewards program like Brilliant Distinctions and get on your favorite practitioner's emailing list for notifications about specials.  Go to someone YOU feel comfortable with, look at the women who work in the office, and if you like their results, talk to them.  If they're not forthcoming and friendly, you might want to keep looking for another office/ medspa.  Hope this helps!

Can you Botox under your eyes?

Can you Botox under your eyes?

RE: Botox anyone?

Ive been Botoxing sine I was 24. I’m now 37 too! I first used it for preventative reasons. I started at 20 units and I’m still at 20 units! That’s great to me cause had I waited, I may have needed more.

@darlyndar can you botox under your eyes?

@darlyndar can you botox under your eyes?

@darlyndar tell me more!

@darlyndar tell me more!

Re: @darlyndar tell me more!

@GG84 Lol! You’re wallet hates me!!! I’ve had Juvederm twice. I personally use Jevederm Ultra. I literally let my Dr do what he wants cause he’s the professional. There are other types of fillers with different price ranges. I use about half a syringe and he fills in the hollows of my undereyes. My darkness is hereditary and the hollows only accentuate that. With the fillers, it smoothes fine lines and also brightens cause the hollowness is gone. It’s never bothered me before but when he recommended it, I gave it a try and LOVED the results!!! For me, it lasts about a year. It’s time for me to get it done again but I don’t know if I will. There are amazing products that camouflage all that (Thank you, Ole Henricksen!) If it wasn’t so expensive, I’d probably keep it up. I just like Botox more and it’s a third of the price! 

Re: @darlyndar can you botox under your eyes?

@GG84 Not your direct undereyes. Only crows feet area. For under your eyes, I’ve gotten fillers to fill up the hollow and in turn it smoothes fine lines. 

I got dysport (similar to botox) last year on my 41st birthday for the first time and LOVED it. Just a little on my "elevens" but I'd love to get more around my mouth. It lasted easily 9 but closer to 10 months. You need to use more units, but it's about half the price of botox so it evens out. I HIGHLY recommend it. My lines and wrinkles aren't too bad, but I was never into tanning and I have some Italian ancestry so that might have helped me hold off until this last February. Definitely want to go in again. 

Hi, 

I've doing botox for a few years now, I have a deep frown line, I do it even when I sleep so not only it gives me horrible lines but it also causes me stress and headaches, and I look mad all the time! 

I love the look when the botox is active, not only I look younger and my skin looks smooth, it even makes me looks nicer LOL

It is costly but totally worth it, I used to do it twice a year now I extend it to very 7-8 months. 

@brandifabulous I'm younger than that and I've been so annoyed with the elevens between my eyebrows. I feel like nothing I try makes a difference so I've been considering fillers and the like but can't quite imagine limiting my eyebrow movement (part of the reason I've got the creases probably has to do with the fact that I arch/furrow my eyebrows a little bit TOO much).

Anyhow, there's another thread that had lots of experiences from others, it might be worth it to check out too!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Let-s-Talk-about-Plastic-Surgery-Fillers-Botox-...

RE: Botox anyone?

I had Botox last year on a cruise at the spa. They barely gave me any.... they want you to get more shots. VutcIcalso had collagen and that made huge difference. It lifted my mouth and chin and my lips looked awesome. I'm definitely on board. Right now I'm having my teeth "done". Changing the fillings from metal and just I guess locking them down and making them pretty for the second 50 years!! I can appreciate women who don't want invasive anti aging treatments but I DO. I don't feel like my wrinkles are some badge of honor. I mean- I'm glad I haven't died but my achievements have nothing to do with my looking old. And Of course beauty comes from inside.

@brandifabulous love Botox.. I started at 31/32 for crows feet and my 11's. it wears off pretty quickly for me, I'm lucky to get 12 weeks per session. When I was on vacation last year, I went to a highly-rated medspa.. have to say, best results I ever had. Can't wait to visit again later this year.  anyway, it pinches a little bit and sometimes. I bleed/bruise at the injection sites. if you want to try it, go for it. if you hate it, you aren't stuck with the results.  

thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go for it!

thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go for it!

Re: thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go for it!

@brandifabulous Great 🙂 make sure you check for reviews of the offices and look into the backgrounds of the providers (as in, education and experience). A lot of offices offer a new patient promotion, it can be pretty significant so ask about that when you make your calls!

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing