Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

spfs?

hey yall! ive tried googling "light spfs reddit" or other community platforms for some recommendations and im having trouble finding some! I was wondering if any one had holy grail spf's? my skin is sensitive, combonation, and acne prone! im having so much trouble finding a sunscreen that doesnt break me out or make me look greasy and oily! if u have any recommendations let me know please! my budget is $25 and under!!

Tags:

Re: spfs?

Hey @umniyah ! Have you tried any of La Roche-Posay’s sunscreens? Those are usually available at Ulta, Target, SkinStore, and other retailers, or you can buy direct from the brand. Maybe something like LRP’s Anthelios Clear Skin Oil Free Sunscreen SPF 60, or their Anthelios Melt-In Milk Sunscreen SFP 60, could work for you. They’re both chemical sunscreens within your price range (assuming its USD, not CAD). Clear Skin is 50mL and Melt-In Milk is 90mL. I’ve never used either of them, but some folks say Clear Skin pills when rubbed in too much, so bear that in mind. 

I just asked a friend with oily acne-prone skin for some inexpensive sunscreen options. She always carries Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Mineral Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 in her purse, and she reapplies it every 2 hours. She says it’s not matte but also not extra greasy, blends in fairly easily, and doesn’t sting her eyes. You can get it from Target for $12-13, and I’m sure many other retailers carry it. 

I have mostly-dry combo skin and a deeper skin tone, so my personal sunscreen choices aren't mattefying and I avoid anything that leaves a white/grey/purple cast on my face. What I use on my own face might not be ideal for you as they tend to leave a radiant glowy finish. The last 2 matte finish sunscreens I liked are both tinted: Coola's old mineral matte sunscreen (discontinued) and Dermstore's house brand sunscreen... Dermstore Collection Daily Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40. It has a tint that seems to work for many skin tones. You can buy a trial size (0.75 oz) for $15 from Dermstore. 

Re: spfs?

To a degree sunscreens will always have a bit of an "oily" effect since the products have to stay on your skin through sweat and water. You also want to apply a lot of it in order to get the spf listed on the package (2mg/cm squared) so it won't be as light as regular moisturizers. You should be using about 1/4 tsp for just your face, and about 1/2 tsp for face, neck, ears, and the bit of chest that peeks out of your shirt.

Unfortunately it's hard to predict your own reactions unless you can pinpoint ingredients that are giving you trouble. If you have some products that you know cause reactions check the ingredient lists and see if you can find common ingredients. I'd definitely advise you to look first at physical/mineral sunscreens rather than chemical ones as some of those can be irritating. This means you want sunscreens that use Zinc or Titanium Oxide.

Based on that and your listed budget the Juice Beauty SPF 30 Sport Sunscreen 3 oz/ 89 mL should be a good option to try out. You can also check drugstore stuff, as long as you're paying attention to ingredients and avoiding things that you know your skin dislikes it should be fine too.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing