Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

small rash like bumps on face

Hi! I have had these tiny rash-like bumps all over my face especially on my cheeks for the past few years. Nothing comes out if I try to pop them and it just leaves a scar. My face looks clear from far but is more noticeable in certain lighting and close up. My face feels so bumpy and rough all over. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this is and anything that might help? Thanks!

IMG_6559.jpeg

Re: small rash like bumps on face

hey! I recommend cerave! I recommend the Hydrating Cleanser and the daily moisturizing lotion. I use both and they work like MAGIC u can check out some of my posts for any other recommendations! currently I only have 2 post up and they are about reviews of a makeup product and body care products 😞 

Cerave is a great product and they have many great variations! hope this helps! And PLEASE don’t use st Ives scrub. That will make your skin dry as the Sahara desert. Trust me I learned the hard way. I’ll be doing some post abt do’s and dont’s for skin types. Anyway, hope this helped and cerave is great for prices to!

Try Cera ve Salicylic acid cleanser. It is just amazing. 

yes that is a great one but do it every other day bc if u do it everyday all the exfoliating will dry out your skin 😢

Hi I have the same problem did you figure it out what is it?

Hello, so the same thing happened to me a few days ago. At first my skin was red and itchy and then rash like this appeared on my whole face. My skin was very rough unlike before. I had a very smooth and clear skin. It was like that for a few days and I was using this La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermallergo cream that is very good for this. I visited my dermatologist and she the diagnosis was Dermatitis ab externis facial E cont. Basically skin was irritated from something, in my case it was Castor oil I was putting on my dark circles around eyes. She prescribed me Uriage Tolederm Hydra creme and black tea cold compresses. I hope this helps and if you have more questions feel free to ask 😊

@nikaah25 

I just started getting little dry red bumps on my face and I don’t know if it’s a reaction to something i used what should I do?

Also she said it could be from the sun and to use a 50 SPF for the face at all times to protect the skin.

Hi, I had this exact thing appear earlier today. I used The Ordinary’s moisturiser that contains Hyaluronic Acid, and drank a ton of water and it cleared up within 2 hours. Not sure if it was one or both of these things, but that worked for me  

I have almost this same condition and have been to many doctors and tried many things. Nothing helps. Do you find you wake up in the morning and it’s kind of ok but as the day goes on it gets worse? Sun or heat bother it? 

Hello,

Did this happen suddenly (in one day) or did it happen over time. Were you able to figure it out? Is there itching/burning or numbness? 

Yes this happened to me . It all happened in one day all of a sudden and it's itchy and burns when I cry or when I don't put a moisturiser on them to calm the itchiness . Please answer me as soon as possible if you know anything . It's causing me so much anxiety 

Yess today it popped up outta no where it was all red n itchy n I wanna figure out what it is because I'm freaking out 

Hi @nickvalencia20! So I'm definitely not a dermatologist, but I had pretty much your exact same problem for years, except the tiny bumps were on the bottom of my face towards my chin. When I started using Glossier's Super Pure Serum (it's basically niacinamide and zinc), they slowly started to go away, but they almost completely went away when I started using The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's a chemical peel, so it may not be right for you if you have super sensitive skin, but it pretty much solved all of my skin's problems for me when I started using it. All of the bumps on my face went away, as well as any redness on my skin. I use it weekly and leave it on for ten minutes, and that's been working great! I hope this helps. 

Hi @nickvalencia20 ! Since (to my knowledge) no one on BIC is a dermatologist, we can’t accurately diagnose your skin. You need to see a derm or your primary care doctor for that. A doctor can also help you figure out a treatment routine tailored to your particular skin. All BIC members can do is guess, and we could be very wrong. 😄 I mean, bumpy texture can be caused by several different things. 

You could have contact dermatitis: irritation caused by some product or substance that regularly touches your face. Might be one of your skincare or makeup products your face doesn't like. Or it could be something you only use on your hands that gets on your face whenever you lean your chin or cheek against a hand, for instance. Happens to me if I use a heavily scented hand cream and then touch my face too much. (My facial skin hates most fragrance components and essential oils.) I can’t spray or dab fragrances on my neck or behind my ears for the same reason, which is why I wear fragrances on my arms or wrists instead. 

Or, you could have a buildup of dead skin cells on your face. One common treatment for that is an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid: glycolic, lactic, and mandelic are the usuals) or PHA (poly hydroxy acid) exfoliant. PHA is gentler than most AHAs, so it’s a good choice for sensitive skin. A BHA (beta hydroxy acid, aka salicylic acid) exfoliant can also work, though BHA is better for getting down into your pores to degunk them—something AHA and PHA can't do. Clogged pores might not be your issue, in which case an AHA or PHA may be better. Using one just 1-3 times a week (never twice on the same day) might reduce your skin texture over time. 

Or you could have some UV damage. Do you wear broad spectrum sunscreen each day (all year long) your skin’s exposed to sunlight, regardless of weather or season? Sun exposure, even on cloudy/overcast winter days, can cause skin damage. If you use a chemical exfoliant—especially an AHA—then you absolutely need sunscreen: those exfoliants make your skin more sensitive to the sun. But we should all wear sunscreen daily (well, on days we’re exposed to sunlight) regardless of what’s used on our skin. 

Or you might have some other skin condition that includes a bumpy rash as a symptom. Could be rosacea or folliculitis, for instance. Definitely need a doctor to determine that. 

Possible food allergy? Have you been eating any seafood lately? This happens to me when I eat fish or shellfish. I recommend cortisone cream and salicylic acid face wash 

first suggestion is go see a dermatologist, they will have the best answer and solution for you!!

I had something similar but I found that if I diluted tea-tree oil in thick moisturizer it helped, tea-tree oil on its own can be harsh and dry out your skin so I wouldn't do this often.

one other thing that helped me was retinol, start with a small percentage and build your way up, obviously do your own research and make sure it doesn't react with your other products in a negative way!!!

The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_6559.jpeg
testing