Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

acne scars!

Hey y'all! I need advice! I have a decent amount of dark spots from acne! Of course I'd like to be a ~glowing radiant goddess~ but I'm not sure where to find the balance between acne care and overall skin care, does anyone have advice/products to help my complexion and dark spots?

Re: acne scars!

@noagreer I've seen improvements in my acne scars ever since I incorporated Drunk Elephant's Vit C in my morning routine. I also use The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin serum at night mixed in with a concoction of other stuff. 

Hi @noagreer,

I suggest Murad's Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum. This is a more intense serum that lightens dark spots and scars. It helps even out the skin as well and reduces hyper-pigmentation.

I also suggest checking out the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector & Optimizer. This is going to help brighten and even skin’s tone.

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,

Janean

hi @noagreer ! the good thing is....acne care and good proper skincare can really go hand-in-hand ! there are may ways to treat scarring and prevent acne that also benefit overall skin health. treat the skin with plenty of hydration as well as regular gentle chemical (acid) exfoliation. 

i highly recommend not using foaming cleansers (or wipes) as they can be harsh on the skin, over drying it which both messes up pH levels, as well as is not helpful to recovering scars. use a gentle acid every night to promote gentle exfoliation (which will expedite the healing process, too). i recommend the FIRST AID BEAUTY facial radiance pads as a good place to start (once you know your skin is ok with acids, you can even bump it up a notch and use a mask once a week as well--my fave is the REN glycol-lactic radiance renewal mask). 

then, nourish the skin. make sure that freshly exfoliated skin is hydrated and babied. my favorite hydration serum currently is the new CLINIQUE moisture surge hydrating supercharged concentrate (the MURAD hydrodynamic hydrating essence serum is fantastic, too, but is expensive and a bottle does not last long). a facial oil (even with acne prone skin) could be super beneficial too. i highly recommend the CLARINS blue orchid oil--though i'd get a sample of it first to make sure your skin is ok with it. i then go in with a nice but not too heavy moisturizer--but not all people find this necessary (though if you're not using the oil but only a hydrating serum, though, definitely still moisturize). 

to make things slightly more complicated, vit c treatments can be very brightening / helpful to scarring, but can irritate some skins. if you want to try one, check out the CLINIQUE fresh pressed 7-day system with pure vit c. 

i hope this helpful !

Kate somerville restasphere micropeel. It lightens dark spots from recent acne and smooths texture issues.  But i don't know if it's for skin newbie. You should try a sample fist and patch test then do it two times a week at night then work yourself up to every other. This is honestly one of the best retinol/ exfoliating serums I've ever used,  nothing can dupe it and I've tried plenty

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing