Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Wearing a Primers under Tinted Moisturizers.

One of the reasons I wear tinted moisturizers, is that I see a marked improvement in my skin. I've tried so many foundations and many of them don't seem to let my skin 'breathe' enough.  I either break out or I sweat the whole d*mn layer off.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with wearing primers underneath tinted moisturizers?  I'm hoping the primer would just help the tinted moisturizer (I'm using the Bareminerals Gel at the moment,) wear longer and a a little smoother.  I don't mind paying a decent amount if it's going to be something that doesn't dry the hell out of my skin, but still helps my tinted moisturizer last all day. 

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Re: Wearing a Primers under Tinted Moisturizers.

I'm a huge fan of tinted moisturizers for similar reasons! Most foundations feel a bit heavy on my skin, especially when I'm going for a light and natural look on a daily basis.

I wear primer under my tinted moisturizers to get a more blurred effect and also to help it last a bit longer. Right now I'm using Urban Decay's Optical Illusion to blur out my pores so that my moisturizer is easier to blend out on top, however I have oily skin so your dry skin may achieve different results. I heard the Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer is a good primer for dry skin but I've yet to try it. I'd get some samples from Sephora if you can!

Best of luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing