cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Using Drunk Elephant with Sunday Riley

Good Afternoon,

I have combo sun damaged skin and recently purchased the SR superstar kit.  I have received samples of A+ and purchased the power couple set from SR last year and really loved the A+ and good genes. I started using the good genes and A+ in the evenings alternating between the 2 products each night but my face became sensitive, red and warm so I have stopped using both products. I had a large sample size of the DE lala retro and have been using that at night to try to reduce the sensitivity and it's helping.  I have the following questions:

1. I saw a youtuber that said you could put on your moisturizer first then layer the good genes or A+ on top if you have sensitive skin, I tried this and it seemed to work but will the serums still be effective?

2. Is it okay to mix protini or lala retro with the A+ or good genes? I haven't had an interaction with the lala retro but wasn't sure if the protini would cause a bad reaction. 

3. I DM SR on instagram and they told me to mix the products with Juno for sensitive skin, has anyone had any luck with this? 

Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Using Drunk Elephant with Sunday Riley

You can use actives after moisturizer, @Bunny2015 - it's a process called buffering. It does make them less effective, but decreases the risk for sensitivity. It sounds like you overexfoliated a bit by using an active product daily. For most people, especially just starting out, it's best to stick with twice a week, maybe three times a week and working up from there over time. So, you may not need to actually buffer, just decrease your usage. 

Re: Using Drunk Elephant with Sunday Riley

Thank you for your response! I’ll wait for my skin to calm down and start twice a week. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing