Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Textured skin

Spoiler

CBAF861B-CA68-4A56-B213-FB3164AA0C1C.jpeg

3806181B-5086-4CC9-A3F3-8AB5063E10F4.jpeg

4DEB1FF3-EB4D-473B-B39A-11532EFE297C.jpeg

BFDDF13D-4DDB-4A56-AAEA-166EF659004D.jpeg

Hi everyone! I need some advice and recommendations for some problem areas I’ve been having that do not go away. Not sure if this is considered acne but I think it might be mask related as well? I’ve been having problems with these enlarged pores? Or whiteheads, acne, textured skin? I really don’t know what it is and I’m really annoyed because they don’t go away. These are the products I’ve tried and have had no success. At one point I was over exfoliating because I really wanted these guys off my face so I ended up messing up my skin barrier but it’s ok now. I’m just still struggling with this, is there someone out there that has had a similar problem? If so what did you use for this to go away and what did you skin care routine look like?

AM routine: cleanse with

1. First Aid Beauty Mini Pure Skin Face Cleanser 2 oz/ 56.7 g 

foll

2. glossier vitamin c serum

3. Bobby brown vitamin enriched eye base

4. Beekman milk primer spf 35

5. Clinique moisture surge 

PM

1. cleansing Balm with clean it zero then use FIB or KORRES foaming cleanser 

2. glossier super bounce and super pure 

3. the ordinary caffeine under eye serum

4. Shiseido white lucent eye cream

5. la roche- posay lipikar balm

6. Tea tree oil sometimes

(exfoliate 1-2 a week with one of the products above) 

p.s my skin type is pretty dry esp around this time

Re: Textured skin

I have struggled with something similar and here is what I would recommend:

- Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 8 oz / 236 mL - start by using this 2-3 a week and if your skin can tolerate it than use it every night with sunscreen in the morning

- Murad Acne Control Clarifying Cleanser - there are two of these one is more of a cream cleanser which has less salicylic acid and I would recommend it if you have dry skin the other one is the same cleanser but in more of a gel
 form with more salicylic acid which is better for a more oily to combo skin type and is my go to

- Murad Outsmart Acne Clarifiying Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #- apply it to any problem areas, once soaked in than put on moisturizer

- If you have oily skin use more of a moisturizer with more of a gel consistency but if you have dry skin I would recommend a thicker moisturizer with a cream consistency 

For oily skin: 

Farmacy Honey Halo Moisturizer Jumbo 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL 

Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

For dry skin: 

Youth To The People Mini Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

i found that the Mad Hippie vitamin c serum works well for me, so i don’t know if that one is any better than the glossier one?? also hyaluronic acid might help, along with a good light moisturizer (some moisturizers include HA) 

i hope this helps!! ❤️

Hi!

I’d def add a salicylic acid into your routine! 
also it might be helpful to minimize the amount of products you are using because it might be helpful to find which products work for you and which ones don’t! 
hope this helps! 

@gallaj17 is it just the pores or do they feel textured when you touch the area? Your pores don't look congested or anything like that from the pictures. Pores are totally normal and can't really be "shrunk". The Glossier Pure is a Niacinamide serum, which is supposed to help with tightening pores a bit. Maybe they're sebaceous filaments? Google some pictures and see if that fits.  If they are, it's pretty normal and even if you squeeze them they're going to come back. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • CBAF861B-CA68-4A56-B213-FB3164AA0C1C.jpeg
  • 3806181B-5086-4CC9-A3F3-8AB5063E10F4.jpeg
  • 4DEB1FF3-EB4D-473B-B39A-11532EFE297C.jpeg
  • BFDDF13D-4DDB-4A56-AAEA-166EF659004D.jpeg
testing