Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin

Help! I am looking for a face sunscreen. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. I have been quite happy with the First Aid Beauty and Inkey products but neither have an option. I am in Canada. I would like it to be at least SPF 30. I do have a 3x2cm scare on my face that I want to protect as well as the rest of my face. Thank you in advance! 

Re: Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin

I recently purchased ScinCeuticals PHYSICAL FUSION UV DEFENSE SPF 50 and felt in love with it. I was so tired of white cast that was impossible to avoid after reapplying La Roche Posay ANTHELIOS ULTRA LIGHT FLUID FACIAL SUNSCREEN SPF 60. Plus if I had any dry patches it would make them look a lot worse. 
I love the Skin Ceuticals one so far, not to mention the ingredient list that is perfectly suitable for acne prone skin (it’s non-comedogenic) #spf #sunscreen #acneproneskin

I have super sensitive skin and would break out with a lot of sunscreens, I’ve been using Dermalogica Prisma Protect 12 mL  for a few months now and love it!

I use EltaMd and I swear by it!!

don’t know if anyone suggested this but i just started using the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen, and i love it. it goes on and basically disappears. no white film or anything. it doesn’t really smell much either, plus it’s oil free and reef friendly!! and it feels like nothing and is even a good make-up base. it’s also SPF 40

hope this helped!!

@KIM2119it's so tricky finding suitable SPF product(s) that don't smother n' clog pores. Do you want the formula to be Chemical or Physical? 

The Tatcha one sounds quite good.

I've tried Volition- quite Ok not heavy; it didn't feel as if my face had been dunked in old cooking oil.

Also Ok: Shiseido Urban Environment Lotion.

I once adored Biore UV Milk. But they've a vexing tendency of changing the name & formula; also not immediately available.

Thorough removal at day's end is Extra important to prevent clogs, whether Physical or Chemical formula.

Another option/ supplement, if you're not adverse to wearing a Chapeau: "Tilley Endurables" - in a brimmed bucket style, with UPF50, washable natural fibres. Love it when I can't bear putting SPF stuff on forehead. 

@KIM2119 Hey there, I have acne prone skin in the summertime specifically and found the my holy grail sunscreen is the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL it lays amazingly under makeup and it also does a great job at blurring pores. I sometimes use it as both a sunscreen and a primer. I've tried many other sunscreens and enjoy some of them but this one is truly special and I've been using it for a few years, it's incredibly pricey and I usually would scoff at a product this pricey but it's proven it's worth and I will continue to repurchase. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing