Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Small rash like bumps all over face

ACE8CE63-1961-4943-8B05-BBB2218AFD1E.jpeg

6954E571-AAC3-43A6-9C52-26F6088D7497.jpeg

E6182A36-0D60-4F68-8FC7-33AE0E8731E3.jpeg

These bumps are all over my face and have been there for almost two months, help! I've stopped wearing makeup, because I thought that might be the culprit but no.. I wash my face twice a day and exfoliate once or twice a week. I don't understand what will make this go away or what it even is! I haven't changed anything in my lifestyle or diet so I don't know what is going on. Ughhhh. My face feels so bumpy all over. The only place unaffected is my nose area, really. They are all over my jaw, hairline, forehead and cheeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a proactive user, so that's my skin care regimen and it was working great until June. Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Small rash like bumps all over face

Hey there! These look like flat warts to me

Anonymous Insider

Hi did you ever find out what this was as I’m currently having the same problem?

did you ever figure out what it was haha since you have had this.. I have it too and im clueless

Your skin looks identical to mine right now! We have same hair color too. I literally thought the side pic was me! Did you ever find out what caused this or what it was? Help! 

This is insane because I said the exact same thing, I’m honestly trying to figure out if I made this post and completely forgot about it because I swear that first picture is me 😂

Hi! was wondering if you ever found out what this was? I'm experiencing the same thing with no change in skincare. truly popped up randomly and will not go away.

@knensha When I developed eczema it started out similarly.  I’d recommend going to a dr if it spreads and skin starts drying and breaking. Cortizone cream and eczema creams (like Aveeno) can help if it’s not too bad. I had to get steroid shot to make mine stop spreading. I waited too long to go and it has taken years to lessen the hyperpigmentation that resulted on my face. 

A very delayed reply.

How did the steroid shot work out ? 
I have been referred to a dermatologist.

im having a very similar issue to the original poster on my and I’m also breaking out  with similar type spots on my arms,hands and tops of feet .The bits on my hands,arms etc do tend to get itchy but the one on my face don’t but my face feels very sensitive  red and irritated.

The same as original poster I haven’t changed or added anything and I do notice heat and sweat really flare things up.I’ve suspected I’ve got early stages of eczema.

Did the steroid shot help ? And did cause any unpleasant side effects? And has your rash come back ? 
Thank you for any feedback.

Have your derm check to see if it’s multiple milliary osteoma cutis. My derm tested for it with resistance and turns out I have. So hard to treat I hope it’s something easier to eliminate! 

Hi @MadLibs14!

I'm sorry you're going through this.  As others have said, it looks a bit like heat rash.  I've recently experienced heat rash on my hands from over exposure to the sun and it took a while for the bumps to go away.  It could also be pro-active giving you now a reaction. If you're still using pro-active, you may want to try stop using it and also stop using all other products that may be too heavy.

Last year I experienced perioral dermatitis around the jaw line/mouth area and the bumps looked similar.  It took me several months to figure out how to get rid of it.  I eliminated all makeup, all heavy moisturizers.  I stopped exfoliating because that may also irritate the skin.  What ended up working for me, was using tea tree oil.  I would use a minute amount (and I mean a tiny amount, like 1 drop with 3-4 drops of jojoba oil).  I would warm this mixture up in my palms and then press it into the affected areas.  This worked wonders and it got rid of it.  

I hope you find this helpful!

Thanks! This did start on my jaw line, so maybe I should try the tea-tree oil. It's so stubborn and won't disappear!

I have something similar on my forehead, I assumed it was some kind of acne.  Sorry I’m not any help 😞 maybe someone has answers for us!

@MadLibs14 Were you recently exposed to substantial sunlight and heat outside? This looks a bit like the rash I started getting from sun and heat sensitivity when I hit my mid-30s. It doesn’t itch but feels kind of prickly when I get it. 

Hmm, another thought: are there any warnings about Proactiv and sun sensitivity? Many skin treatments advise against sun exposure. I would try googling “proactiv sun sensitivity” if you have been in sunlight recently. 

I'm not really in the sun very much, but it has been extremely hot and humid where I live this summer. I was thinking it was some sort of heat reaction, but it should go away when I'm not hot and sweaty though, right? I don't know about the proactive and sun sensitivity, I'll have to look into that.

@MadLibs14 around 30 my skin completely changed. I can’t use anything with camomile as that triggers a similar reaction.  I’ve had good luck with drunk elephant. It’s expensive but helps. Mario Badescu enzyme masks is also nice and the cucumber cleansing lotion. Many MB products do have camomile so, if you have issues with that also, read ingredients carefully. 

Weird- the chamomile thing might be because you have a weed allergy. My daughter had something similar happen recently 

Thanks, I'll look into those products. I'm willing to try anything at this point!

How long have you been using Proactive?  Is this your first summer on it?  It could be related to heat rash.  Not sure where you are located but I find the moment its hot and humid my skin freaks out.  I have heard Proactive can make your skin extra sensitive, so that is why I was wondering if this is your first summer on it.  

I’ve been in Proactive for 2, maybe 3 years now.. this happened a little bit last summer but just on my forehead and didn’t last the whole summer. But this did start once it started being really hot here!

RE: Re: Small rash like bumps all over face

I have the same problem !!! I’ve been dealing with this horrific skin of mine ever since I stopped taking my birth control. Not sure if you tried to pop them but DONT. They will always come back and it will only leave you with scarring. You would have to be in the sun a lot for heat rash and since your not I’m thinking it’s not that. Mine is some sort of dermatitis , I’m very oily as well. It’s some sort of hormonal/ fungal acne. I got my doc to prescribe ketoconozole shampoo because I was having dandruff problems for the first time ever with a very oily scalp. Also, I did find out that acne systems won’t do anything, except salicylic acid. Believe it or not I was my face with Nizoral, it’s a shampoo you can buy at any Walgreens, etc. I just ordered a lot of The Ordinary. Did ALOT of research on my skin and it seems that line of skincare is perfect for what I have and think you might. It may not be as serious as my skin problems are but hopefully this post helps and can lead you in the right direction to clearing up your skin cause I know it’s like the worst thing to ever have to deal with. Good Luck!!!

Re: RE: Re: Small rash like bumps all over face

Have you had continue success with Nizoral? I went off birth control 6 months ago and have these bumps all over my face!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • E6182A36-0D60-4F68-8FC7-33AE0E8731E3.jpeg
  • 6954E571-AAC3-43A6-9C52-26F6088D7497.jpeg
  • ACE8CE63-1961-4943-8B05-BBB2218AFD1E.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20220811-204322_Gallery.jpg
  • E52B2329-385B-44C3-90D8-25C95B3E2296.jpeg
testing