Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Please help!

I'm 15, soon to be 16 and my face looks like this... I had a lot of acne before due to an obsession with nutella and puberty. I have very minimal acne now just this weird graininess to my skin, large pores and weird tiny pimples. In the morning my skin looks a lot better than in the evening which is also weird. I have no idea what this is and how to get rid of it. My cheeks also itch when I'm wearing a mask... Can someone please tell me what this is and how to get rid of it?😭😭

Re: Please help!

@Raphaellepanda  Since one of your symptoms is itchiness (even if it happens only when you wear a mask), in addition to "graininess" and tiny bumps, I think you should definitely see a dermatologist or your primary care doctor if you can. Do you use a salicylic acid (BHA) product? If yes, how frequently do you use it? There's a chance you've over-exfoliated your skin or otherwise damaged your skin barrier. Or, maybe your skin's sensitive to something in one of your usual products. I can't diagnose you (none of us can because we're not derms), but I'll recommend easing off the BHA if you currently use it. 

You might also need to stop using products that contain active ingredients like AHA (glycolic acid, lactic acid, etc.), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), etc., and focus on babying your skin with a very simple and gentle routine: gentle cleanser at night (not in the morning unless absolutely needed, and not a scrubby cleanser), a good basic moisturizer (what do you currently use?), and sunscreen in the morning. 

@Raphaellepanda is your skin more dry, oily, or combination (dry cheeks, oily t zone)? It could be that you're getting clogged pores during the day and once you wash your face at night it's reduced? Hard to tell without a picture for reference. Masks could also be irritating your skin and causing clogged pores and irritation. Visit a dermatologist if possible but you can try using the The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  once or twice a week and see if that helps. The The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL could also be a good one to add to your routine if your skin is oily . Top either off with some Moisturizer and spf. Hope this helps!

It might be keratosis Polaris I would go and check with the dermatologist but I have discovered that vitamin C and the drunk elephant AHA serum has really helped me

I have keratosis Polaris too, what kind of products would you recommend me? Help pls. 
#skin

#insider

@Raphaellepanda For a diagnosis, your best bet is to visit a dermatologist. They can figure out what might be going on with your skin and how to address it. 

If you want help with your current routine or product recommendations, you can tell us your skin type and what products you're currently using. 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing