Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Need help 4 clear skin

I’ve always had cystic acne and cysts on my forehead and chin for years and years. One summer I used a Benzoyl peroxide face wash, niacinamide serum, salicylic acid 2% toner and 11% azelaic  acid acid both every night , the ordinary aha and bha Peeling mask twice a week, and the curology gel moisturizer. My skin has never been SO clear. Eventually months and months after using this religiously my skin felt so oily, awful, and very tense and felt like I had immense pressure on my forehead. I stopped using it and resorted to niacinamide, retinoid, clindamycin phosphate 2%, and Clinique gel moisturizer and my skin just isn’t as clear, and is still oily. I want to revert back to my old skin care routine so bad but I feel like it was to stripping, and the salicylic acid I was using was FILLED with rubbing alcohol (clean and clear). I have combination skin so my t zone is very oily while the rest of my skin is somewhat normal. If you have any recommendations for a 2% salicylic acid that doesn’t have rubbing alcohol let me know, and I just want a confirmation if I was overly stripping my skin or not with that old skincare routine. Should I revert back to it or what would you guys recommend? I’m trying to get my skin clear before summer. Thank you! 🙂

Re: Need help 4 clear skin

Also remember your suncreen because salicylic acid can make your skin more sensitive to the sun . Also maybe try and different moisturizer like the summer fridays Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream Moisturizer

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 4 oz/ 118 mL is 2% salicylic acid. I think you need to use a cleanser like Cerave for oily skin before you use the bha toner.

Try not to overwhelm your skin with too much at once . I recommend the Paulas choice bha toner or the new biossance bha toner 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing