Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

NEED Skincare Routine for Acne Scarring!!

Hi there! I am desperately needing guidance on how to fade/clear my acne scarring. This is the worst my skin has looked and I believe stress has a lot to do with it. 

I have purchased a number of products over the last month but have not used them yet. I am unsure how to layer these (correct order of application) and would like opinions on which to use and which to not. I would also really like advice on building a morning and nighttime routine using the products mentioned below. 

These are the products I currently own:

• Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc serum
  • Ordinary Alpha Arbutin serum
  • Ordinary Buffet Peptide serum
  • Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 
  • Sephora Vitamin C+E serum
  • Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
  • ELTA MD Spf 46 for Acne Prone Skin
  • Cera Ve PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Thank you in advance!! I really hope to see improvements with your recommendations. I appreciate you all. 🙂

911D1929-6EAB-4EAC-B8E0-6AD2DA53087C.jpeg

Re: NEED Skincare Routine for Acne Scarring!!

I had a lot of acne scars from previous breakouts, and the following night routine really helped clear the scars and control new breakouts:

I wash my face with The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml , then I exfoliate with Dermalogica Mini Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator 0.45 oz/ 13 g (but you can probably get similar results with a different exfoliator). I dry my face, then apply 4/5 drops of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum . When it's dry, I follow with an oil free moisturizer. 

In the AM, I do the same but skip the exfoliator and make sure to use an SPF as well. 

Thank you!!

Are you still actively breaking out, or have the new breakouts stopped and you're just focusing on healing the old wounds? What products are you currently using, and which of those do you think work best/you'd like to keep using? 

I am just trying to heal old wounds at this point. I found the Ordinary Niacinamide + zinc made a noticeable difference after a month of use. The Elta MD sunscreen has also been good for me as it doesn’t create further breakouts. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 911D1929-6EAB-4EAC-B8E0-6AD2DA53087C.jpeg
testing