Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer recommendation

I need to find a good Hydrating moisturizer that’s good for acne prone skin and for redness. My acne/ scars are so red and need something to calm my skin down. If you also have any tips for redness much appreciated! 

(please recommended products you personally have used that you love) 

Re: Moisturizer recommendation

i have loads of hyperpigmentation and minor acne scarring all over my cheeks. i’ve found that the The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 3.3 oz/ 100 mL in conjunction with a vitamin c serum (every night), has faded them a ton!!!

I’m 24 with extremely acne prone skin and large pores - I have tried it ALL and have been on the hunt for products that agree with my skin since I was around 12 (I’ve always loved makeup and skincare). The only moisturizer, and I mean ONLY, one that quenches my skin without producing extra oil as well as takes care of dry spots is the Neutrogena Hydroboost! I get it at CVS. I use the regular during the summer and the night time extra hydrating one during winter but I can’t stress how amazing it is. The water/gel consistency is so refreshing, too!

Total agree! Using a water-based or gel-based moisturizer is typically more acne friendly vs. a cream based moisturizer.

Dr. Jart+ Bestseller Kit this will help with the redness and calming the skin. Cream is thick but doesn’t clog pores feels like a healing ointment on the face so it helps restore. The cleanser is super gentle and the redness reducer cream is literally magic. I am obsessed with their sheet masks too Dr. Jart+ Mask Lovers Collection  they have some for acne but the hydrating ones have you looking like you just left the spa. 

Hydrating routine consists of belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb .84 oz/ 25 mL belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb 3.37 oz/ 100 mL belif Glow with Hydration Holiday Set + Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Oooo just got a sample of the Lord Jones Acid Mantle Repair Moisturizer With 250mg CBD and Ceramides 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and good God I woke up with what seemed like a whole new healthy layer of skin. Any dry /crusty acne spots we’re looking brand new the next morning. She’s also giving “i just left the spa” vibes 

Hello @amanda667  try Tatcha Mini The Water Cream 0.34 oz / 10 mL  they have the mini size to try out and it works wonders. So hydrating, lightweight, and perfect with or without makeup. I hope this helps!

What's your skin type, @amanda667? Oily, dry, combo, normal?

I have combo (oily t zone and dry everywhere else)

@amanda667 I'd recommend either of the belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb or Moisturizing bombs. The aqua is lighter, slightly better for oily skin and the moisturizing version is a little better for drier skin but it's not overly rich. For helping with the redness, you might want to consider an essence or serum that can help cut down on that. Ingredients like cica can be helpful also cutting down on any overly harsh products in your routine. I've had good luck with Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence and Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL 

I have rosacea and it’s always the most under control when my skin barrier is the strongest. I use the First aid Beauty wild oat toner with the ultra repair cream every night, but the cream is kinda think so if you want something lighter I also like the inky list omega water cream. Also wearing sunscreen consistently helps with my redness.

First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

The INKEY List Omega Water Cream Oil-Free Moisturizer + Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Thank you so much! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing