cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Maskne-differin help!!

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. I am a nurse in the ER who has been suffering from horrible maskne. I normally have combination skin with hormonal acne. I’ve been trying so many different products since the masks have been mandatory. I’ve finally narrowed my routine down and feel like I’m on the right path with some minor hiccups.

Day: (in this order) Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Cleanser  Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 

Night: same as day but replace the microfoliant with Differin gel

I also use The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL  2 times a week

My face is red and dry around my eyes and cheeks. I still have some acne but I can tell it’s much better than it was before. I’m looking for suggestions to make the redness better or different product suggestions. 

Thanks!!!

Re: Maskne-differin help!!

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and have suffered from hormonal acne and I'm in my 30s. I did start to use Curology, which did help me. . .until the masks came. I don't work at a hospital anymore, but I did work in the ER as a tech for 3 years so I know that N95s and surgical masks you have to wear when you don't have to wear a cloth one. That being said. 

I recently purchased the Tatcha Pore-Perfecting & Protecting Set and I just the few days I've used them I've noticed a change for the better in the texture of my skin. I love it.

For my night routine I double cleanse starting with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Ulta and Amazon carry it) and then I use the Tatcha set but I apply my Curology mix prior to the Water Creme. 

For my day routine I just use Senka Perfect Whip, pat dry my face, apply Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 0.34 oz/ 10 mL and then sunscreen. 

I'll usually just apply eyeliner and mascara and avoid any makeup on my face if I'm working. 

I've also kept a close eye on my diet which has helped if I don't intake too much dairy or sugar. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing