Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Looking for a primer!!!

Hello!! I am looking for a primer! It would be a bonus if it has sunscreen but not necessary. Facts about my skin: moderatly oily, constant acne (usually cheeks and chin), redness in T-zone and tops of cheeks, big pores

I'm currently using Dr. Jarts Tiger Grass cream and that helps a little with redness and the YSL All hours foundation which is flawless almost everywhere, however, I need more blurring/pore concealing on my nose. 

Would love something that would also prevent me from getting more acne if thats even possible?? idk I'm a newb

RE: Looking for a primer!!!

I recently tried the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer and it worked well for me. I have combination skin with oil and breakouts in the T zone and this didn't break me out. The best thing is that it comes in a tiny travel size to try out. I think I'll be purchasing the larger size soon.

Re: Looking for a primer!!!

benefit porefessional!!! great for oily skin and large pores and helps smooth out the surface of the skin

Hi,

I would highly suggest PTR to Die for No-filter Mattifying Primer & Complexion Perfector. It blurs my pores and smoothes my texture away making my foundation look way better! 

I'll vote for PTR too after the research I've done and ha...

I'll vote for PTR too after the research I've done and have had my eye on this in particular. Can't wait to try it!

I have tried many primers for my oily skin and I always go back to my Hourglass Mineral Veil. It makes my foundation last during the day without it looking like a mess. I still need to touch up at least once. This primer is oil free and great for oily skin!

Plus it has SPF 15!!!! 

Hi @Elle730  Hourglass Cosmetics makes a Veil Primer that reduces redness, pores, and wrinkles and is recommended for any skin type.  It also has an spf of 15. It's also oil-free.  I have used this and to me it is one of the best primers out there for a pretty finish and makeup longevity.

https://www.sephora.com/product/veil-mineral-primer-P210575?skuId=1074442&icid2=products%20grid:p210...

Try the smashbox primer water

Hi there! If you get a chance to, I'd definitely recommen...

Hi there! If you get a chance to, I'd definitely recommend Clinique's Pep-start Hydroblur Moisturizer. It performs a great blurring effect without clogging up or dirtying your pores, as it is non-comedogenic (so no breaking out or acne for sure!). Being a moisturizer as well, it doesn't make one oily and, from what I've experienced, stays put along with makeup. It is a great base for the nose, cheeks, and overall T-zone. I hope you find a perfect primer that works for you! Good luck!

I have big pores so I def need blurring in my primer. I love and use religiously my hourglass mineral veil and it has spf 15. It keeps my makeup on all day. I started with a sample from Sephora and ever since then have not strayed away from it.

Hey @Elle730 the Revlon Photoready Pore Reducing Primer is fantastic. I also love the Milani Prime Shield, Hymalide Matte 12 Primer, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, and The Bodyshop Instablur Primer. Those are all some of my favorites. I've got oily/combination skin, large pores on my nose, and acne. All of these have worked wonders for me. 

As for stopping and I would say start with a good skincare routine. The foundation of a good makeup day is a good skin day. A good skin day means finding a skin routine that works for you. I can't recommend skincare enough it truly is the foundation of makeup application. 

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing