Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

I NEED HELP!

I’ve struggled with congested pores and sebaceous filaments forever, i use BHA and glycolic acid but i haven’t really noticed so much of a difference and was wondering if any one has any better suggestions of products that would work?

Re: I NEED HELP!

thank you so much!

What's your entire routine, @Carmxxo?

okay thank you! are there any clay masks you’d recommend? and I did use the DHC cleansing oil for a period of time should i go back to using that?

@Carmxxo My favorite clay masks are Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and Pixi Glow Mud Mask. Both are good about overly drying the skin but really helping to get rid of impurities. If you're already using a balm, I wouldn't think you'd need to switch to an oil as they're really the same thing, but it depend on whether or not one functions better than the other for you.

I use a cleansing balm or micellar water to remove my makeup and the the Cerave foaming cleanser, and then use a water based moisturizer, then sunscreen. At night is normally when i use glycolic acid and bha.

Got it. Glycolic isn't really known for helping with SF, so I'm not surprised you haven't seen much improvement with that. Generally, BHA a few nights a week plus using an oil cleanser before your regular cleanser are helpful. But if you're still not seeing improvement, you can also try adding in a clay mask once a week. Those can sometimes help. All that said, it's important to remember that true SF are a natural feature of skin, so you can't permanently get rid of them really. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing