Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hi

Hi guys what is the best product to reduce acne and help prevent acne between Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant or Glow Recipe Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum or any other recommendations 

Re: Hi

Hello , 

I just cleared my 12 year old daughters acne on her face , seen results in 7 days Shea moisture black soap . Purchase in Ulta beauty . I also clean my make up brushes and bath with it as well . You will be shocked , I was , enjoy 

Hi @jujumartinet @I haven’t tried either product but I’ve worked in dermatology and am familiar with product lists. The paulas choice ingredient list looks more effective. The fragrance in the glow recipe product can be too irritating for already sensitive acne prone skin. Another good product for acne prone skin is a good basic moisturizer with ceramides like cerave or hyaluronic acid like neutropenia hydro boost. 

HI! 

The Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Essentials - Universal is great for acne-prone skin, depending on your skin type. For me, my skin type is more dry but also acne-prone, so the universal is a bit harsh and a bit too drying on my kin so I like to use the sensitive type. If you are sensitive to fragrance, I would not recommend the Glow Recipe serum just because the scent is so strong and a bit irritating to my skin, the Paula’s choice is also great for everyday use, and not as effective as the Dr. Dennis Gross pads, but also a bit less drying.

Hey there, acne is so hard to deal with.  The one thing that I really made a difference for me was using retinol and and really moisturizing my skin.  #The Ordinary squalene cleanser and their moisturizer work really well for keeping skin hydrated, but the retinol made a huge difference for me. My break outs have pretty much disappeared, my skin texture has improved and scars are disappearing.  Definitely worth looking into.  Hope this helps:

@jujumartinet the PC is known for being very good.  The GR has fragrance in it which gives me pause.  I'm also leery of all the extracts.

I love the Blume Treat and Fade Kit especially the acne oil 

Personally , I’ve tried the glow recipe salicylic acid serum and it didn’t do much for me . I have combo skin and get breakouts here and there but it didn’t do much for my skin, I just ordered the Paula’s choice so I will let you know how it goes ! 😉 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing