Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Foundation for Acne Scars

I'm looking for a recommendation for foundation that will help camouflage acne scarring and an uneven skin tone. I have combination skin and definitely like foundations that are a matte finish. I've tried Kat Von D's lock-it foundation and that was just WAY too heavy. It looked ridiculously cakey and moved very easily. I've also tried Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Supergoop CC Cream, Tarte BB Cream, L'oreal infallible pro matte. Are there any other foundations out there that I'm missing that are excellent? 

Re: Foundation for Acne Scars

One I like that has more coverage is Armani Power Fabric @poisonivylover1. Maybe get a sample of that one? What I like about it is that it has coverage but does not feel or look heavy on the skin.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Foundation for Acne Scars

I would try the hourglass stick foundation- it works for most skin types and doesn’t look cakey

I don't have experience in covering acne scars, but I do get hyper pigmentation. When I want a full coverage finish I go for my BECCA ultimate coverage foundation. It really evens out my skin tone nicely and is more matte than my other foundations. Foundation is a very personal item, so what might work for me, might not for you or others!

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultimate-coverage-complexion-creme-P384640

Maybe try Laura Geller Cover Lock Foundation, Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation, Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation, Dermacol Make Cover Foundation, Clinique Continuous Cover Foundation. There's a few different options I've tried on my sister (she had cystic acne with lots of texture, break outs, and redness not to mention she's extremely fair). All of the mentioned preformed beautifully on her skin. Good luck 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing