cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Fair skin, hyperpigmentation

Hey everyone!

I have tried absolutely everything for my hyperpigmentation and acne scars on my face. I’ve tried toning, moisturizing, cleansing, but nothing helps to make my skin look super clear. Any suggestions? 

Re: Fair skin, hyperpigmentation

Depending on what products you're using right now, I'd recommend looking at vitamin C serums, but I'd check to make sure they're ascorbic acid (as opposed to derivatives). @celestialwilson 

Re: Fair skin, hyperpigmentation

Hi @celestialwilson!

Vitamin C serums are great for hyperpigmentation.  I'm recently got the OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® 1.7 oz/ 50 mL so I'm testing that out right now.  You can try The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL for acne scars.  I personally had a bad reaction to it but it's a super popular product.

Make sure to always wear sunscreen to prevent the hyperpigmentation from forming or darkening.

RE: Fair skin, hyperpigmentation

Retin A. That’ll work the best for all of the above issues but will require you to get a prescription. Also really need religious use for 3-6 months to get results. Otherwise alpha arbutin and hydroquinone (up to 2% without a prescription) products can fade hyperpigmentation. And L ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can help brighten up the complexion.
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing