Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

FOUNDATION HELP!!

Hey everyone! I’ve tried a lot of different foundations/concealers and nothing has seemed to work for me! Within seconds my redness shines through. My skin never looks like the same color..it looks patchy and orange (I am really pale..usually the lightest shade) and I can never cover my dark circles. Yes I use a primer (I have tried many many different primers) and I also use setting powder or spray. My skin texture is really bumpy and rough as well which I’ve tried everything for including chemical peels and microdermabrasion.Please help!

Re: FOUNDATION HELP!!

I use the lightest shade too so I understands, I use the Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Foundation...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWUYxwTKgZaBLxt_F1ztqCQ

SarahHuffine wrote:
Hey everyone! I’ve tried a lot of different foundations/concealers and nothing has seemed to work for me! Within seconds my redness shines through. My skin never looks like the same color..it looks patchy and orange (I am really pale..usually the lightest shade) and I can never cover my dark circles. Yes I use a primer (I have tried many many different primers) and I also use setting powder or spray. My skin texture is really bumpy and rough as well which I’ve tried everything for including chemical peels and microdermabrasion.Please help!

SarahHuffine wrote:

RE: FOUNDATION HELP!!

I’m still looking for my foundation, I’m also incredibly pale! I’ve tried lancome and only made my skin worse! But their concealer Teint idole ultra is the bomb nothing shows through it! Because I constantly have dark circles under my eyes and it covers that all day!

Re: RE: FOUNDATION HELP!!

Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Foundation 😉

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWUYxwTKgZaBLxt_F1ztqCQ

Anonymous Insider

RE: FOUNDATION HELP!!

Hey Sarah I feel your pain on the lightest shade issue. Which is why I can’t ever use drugstore brands. They seem to think people aren’t as white as we can be haha! I am currently using Clinque Acne Solutions line. The lightest concealer is VERY light. It works great for me. I’ve never found anything lighter. It’s a bonus that it fights my breakouts at the same time. Also using their foundation. Loving both. Another brand that is good for light skin is Urban Decay Naked Skin. The lightest shade works good for me. Lighter coverage but buildable! Hope something works for you!

Re: RE: FOUNDATION HELP!!

Thank you! Maybe I will try that foundation next!! 

I experience redness too and it's often not even in the same spots. However, it has gotten better because of 2 skincare products I've added. 

1. Exfoliate 1-2 times a week

2. Toner: Add a toner in your routine. Use it everyday. Amazon has cheap ones, but Sephora has some great stuff too. Toner has changed the game for my skin. 

Best of luck! It's tough, for real because it's something that makeup cannot cover up. 

Thank you!!

I already exfoliate (I only do once a week though or my skin gets too flaky and dry)

I have been trying to experiment with toners! I just order a new one (I have been using Sunday Riley's Martian Toner but it has been breaking me out very very badly) I got one from Paula's Choice...fingers crossed

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing