Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Drunk Elephant C-Firma vs Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid Flash Brightening serum

Hello everyone! I need your help! I in my 20's and I have combo skin. I also have an acne-prone skin. I'm currently using the Drunk Elephant Framboos serum for my texture and I would like to add a vitamin C serum for the morning! The main point I'm trying to correct is me skin texture! I was debating between the C-Firma from Drunk Elephant and the C.E.O from Sunday Riley! Tell me your experience and which one should I pick! 

Thank you!

Re: Drunk Elephant C-Firma vs Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid Flash Brightening serum

For personal preferences I would choose the Drunk Elephant one. I prefer to use clean ingredients in my skincare since I am in my 20's. What I am looking forward is to prevent and protect my skin for future damage. The drunk elephant ingredients are cleaner and the harsh chemicals are listed at the very last of the list meaning it has a lower percentage. Also it doesn't matter which one you choose DON'T use it on the same night as your glycolic acid it will dry out and irritate your skin and maybe make you break out because of the irritation.( personal experience). I will use the glycolic acid 2 times per week only in the night and apply a good moisturizer with hyaluronic acid after, because your skin will be hungry after an AHA. 🙂

Re: Drunk Elephant C-Firma vs Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid Flash Brightening serum

I'd choose C.E.O. Sunday Riley C serum, because looking at the ingredients, they use 15% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, which is a stable oil-soluble form of vitamin C. That assures that vitamin C doesn't degrade before being put on my skin. Also, since you want to get improvement on texture, Glycolic Acid will help you achieve that. It break the lipid glue in between your skin cell, making the top most layer of dead skin cells slough off, revealing the underneath firmer and brighter layer. One note is that both of these ingredients (vit C and glycolic acid) make your skin sensitive under the sun, so don't forget sunscreen afterwards. I would just not use the in my morning routine to avoid any risk. Exposing your vit C-applied skin under the sun can darken your skin 😛 

Drunk Elephant C-Firma contains a lot of plants extracts that help soothe the skin and provide antioxidants. Ferulic Acid, Ascorbic Acid and Licorice extract will help brighten your skin over time. But Ascorbic Acid is very volatile (unstable). A little exposure of it into light and air will degrade it right away, so if the company has formulated it well, then great. But who knows what might happen during warehouse storage, and so on 😛 

I'd personally go with Sunday Riley.

Let me know what you'll go with 😛

RE: Re: Drunk Elephant C-Firma vs Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid Flash Brightening serum

Thank you for all the infos, I appreciate it! 🙂
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing