Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Dark Spots/Acne

I am honestly so exhausted and have no idea what to do with my acne. I have been trying for years to clear my skin up and any pimple I get turns into a dark mark. I have gone to multiple dermatologists and feel like none of the acids have been helping me. I’ve used tretnoin, clindamycin, azaleic acid, dapsone, and adapalene still I don't know what to do.

I am currently using adapalene a few times a week, dapsone a few times a few, kiehl oil free moisturizer, and TULA Skincare Mineral Magic Oil-Free Mineral Sunscreen Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 30 UVA + UVB Protect... 

is there anything I should add? Please let me know. 

Is there anything I should add? 

IMG_0380.jpeg

Re: Dark Spots/Acne

Acne has so many different causes; some that are hormonal, stress-related, environmental, dietary, genetic, and age-related. Treatment should focus on treating the preventable causes of acne and cystic pimples. Over-drying is not a great idea, but you should have a gentle cleanser to help reduce sebum accumulation. Salicylic acid acts to break down pore clogging keratin. I suggest Elevase Moisture Booster with ceramides for those clients who need a good moisturizer in addition to a cleanser and elimination of the causes of acne.

You may also consider the Vbeam laser for redness and a spot corrector for the pigmentation. There are excellent options with Arbutin instead of Hydroquinone. #elevase #acne #cleanser #acnepimples

This is going to sound crazy but… Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar. This soap is the best soap for acne prone skin at least for me. Like you, I tried so many things to clear my acne and nothing was working but after washing my face twice a day with this soap I started to see results within a week. This soap is literally like $8 but it’s so good. Skincare really doesn’t need to be aesthetic or expensive to work and show results. Trust me if you have combination/oily acne prone skin this is the product for you.

I will check it out. Thank you!

@kizaaa Have you tried exfoliating?

No, I haven’t. Is there any that you would recommend?

The Ordinary Mini Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 3.38 oz / 100 ml (the mini so you can see if you like it first before getting the full). Only exfoliate 1-2 times a week (preferably at night) so you don’t damage your skin barrier and apply SPF that morning! AHA’s increase sun sensitivity.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
testing