Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cleansers

Hi everyone! I'm wanting to know your favorite cleanser and why? I have tried a few but I am looking to try something new.

Cleansers

@mariwilson I alternate between 3 cleansers depending on my skin (I have combination skin) and time of day. Kate Sommerville Eradikate is good for days when I have stubborn breakouts or extra oiliness. Origins Check and Balances is one that I use regularly if I don't have any breakouts. It's one of my favorites because it is a gentle cleanser that thoroughly cleanses but does not strip my skin. I use Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Cleanser every night because it helps take away any excess make up or dirt on my face before bed. This cleanser has really helped maintain my skin health and has even cleared up my chest and back acne as well!

Re: Cleansers

Hi @marwilson,

I love the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish 3.4 oz/ 100 mLand the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL. These both helped keep my skin clear and balanced and also super smooth and clean! They also lasted a really long time. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I have sensitive skin, and I love that First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL is so gentle and non-drying. For makeup removal (especially while traveling), I love SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes. I feel like the exfoliating side of the wipes can be too rough on my face, but I like using that side to gently scrub my lips.

@marwilson,

One of my favorite new cleansers is the OLEHENRIKSEN Face the Truth™ Gel Cleanser. It smells amazing (like orange sherbet) and it also leaves my face feeling clean without being overly drying.

https://www.sephora.com/product/face-the-truth-gel-cleanser-P42336?icid2=products%20grid:p42336:prod...

❤️ Melissa

@marwilson My favorite is L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil 6.7 oz/ 200 mL. I keep going back to it. I have combo skin - very dry along my chin and mouth and very shiny in my t zone. I also am prone to breakouts. This is the only cleanser than seems to balance my skin to make it more normal allowing me to use other skin care products without irritation. Since I’ve been using it regularly for at least a year and a half I’ve had very few issues with my combo skin. Anytime I use something new (trying to get rid of a sample or I’m traveling, unfortunately it doesn’t travel well) my skin goes bonkers again. 

RE: Cleansers

I’m having really good luck with Ole Henriksen’s balancing cleanser. It’s unassuming in the packaging but actually really nice and ive seen positive results w my acne prone skin!

@marwilson Mine is ORIGINS - Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash It is super gently on my dry/combo skin and doesn't dry my face out or break me out.  I even used it during my pregnancy.

@marwilson, I like the KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser. It has a very light pleasant smell, foams the right amount and leaves my skin clean but not dry-feeling.  

@marwilson

For my breakout-prone skin: Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL

For traveling (they come in travel sizes are great for removing makeup): PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple CleanserKate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing