Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cheaper alternative to Proactiv

Hi guys! I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out as I'm struggling to find info on google. 

My boyfriend struggles with acne prone skin that is easily irritated to his facial hair. He has an oily t-zone and gets black heads and white heads. The breakouts seem to be under the skin. He normally uses proactiv and it works great but he's looking for a cheaper option than $100 every 3 months on a 3-step kit. We also looked into it and apparently you skin can become addicted to Proactiv. I'll take any and as many suggestions that anyone can give

Re: Cheaper alternative to Proactiv

Hi 

I will recommend dr. Murad for acne . You can make order to get the mini size with an affordable price. What I think about the mini is enough for trying it and seeing if it’s work. 
i used it for my acne sensitive skin and it was great. 
Hopefully getting better 

rand

I’ve heard great things about the ordinary squalene cleanser. I use the hyaluronic acid with the mad hippie cream cleanser and it’s helped me a ton! 

@emandyrossHi!

I'd recommend The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

The oil's vitamin A and linoleic acids regulate sebum production, which prevents blackheads and whiteheads from forming.

The cost, well, you can't beat it!

Thank you

V21988

Check out the teatree line from the body shop. Great products and the price is affordable. The Body shop membership is pretty great too. Pretty much for every 4 products I buy I seem make $10 off my next purchase. All the other systems I have tried and would recommend are from Sephora would probably run you around the same price (murad’s acne line, kiehl’s blue herbal line, jack black glycolic acid wash and they also have good toners and face creams). And I agree with another reviewer the ordinary has some great serums like the niacinamide and zinc serum, as well as the glycolic acid toner. The toner would be great for ingrown hairs from shaving. 

Proactiv is uneccesary and a waste. Use products which do what they say they are going to do like CeraVe, Inkey List, and the ordinary. What is your current skincare routine?

I'm not sure about a dupe for proactiv other than the sets you can find at Target and Walmart that are the 3 step systems for around 12 dollars. Idk if these work as good. I usually just buy the Proactiv cleanser from Sephora and have stopped using the toner and lotion. I still see results. Also, I disliked the membership because it was still expensive.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing