Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Breakouts w/ Philosophy Purity

I'm just curious if anyone else had problems with breakouts in using Philosophy Purity?  I worked this into my regiment to remove my makeup, and started to notice very irregular (for my skin) type of acne forming - like huge cystic acne and under the skin little bumps.  My skin was a wreck and I did not know what it was until i started reading about the oil ingrediants.  So I tested my skin and 1 week with no Purity my breakouts diminished quite a bit, and now a month or so without it my skin condition has improved so much.  I did add in the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash at one point (also with oils) just to test skin reaction and I broke out right after using that as well.

Just curious if anyone else broke out after using any of these two products?

Re: Breakouts w/ Philosophy Purity

Yes!!

I have pretty clear skin and after using Philosophy Purity for just a couple of days I have sooo much cystic acne! I have 3 giant breakouts on my forehead and a bunch of tiny red bumps on my cheeks. I am so disappointed! I was only using it because I ran out of my CeraVe foaming facial cleanser, but I will never use it again!

I also am seeing break outs since I started using it, been about 2 weeks I stared using the am pm skin care that came in a TSV from QVC this is the only thing different. I am 57 and really don't get break outs.

@runy I really like some Philosophy products but not this one. I found it very heavily perfumed. I have sensitive skin and it left my skin feeling tight and itchy, almost as though I had just used bar soap ๐Ÿ˜•

I stopped using it almost immediately after those results, so I never experienced a breakout, but Iโ€™m not surprised that others did. Itโ€™s a miss for me. 

Have you tried Ole Henriksen cleansers? I find the cleanser in the oil control line of products both gentle and effective. You can buy it separately or as part of this value package:

7699F082-0799-4934-83AF-12A77E06E879.jpeg

I have been using it for a few months now. I have no acne but I have big pores, redness and I usually just use dial. 

when i first started it had my skin feeling so nice and it def looks less red but now i am noticing my skin is greasy and i am breaking out in huge zits ๐Ÿ˜ž Looking for something new myself. 

Yes my experience was the same. Very clear skin and after...

Yes my experience was the same. Very clear skin and after using purity for a week I have six breakouts. Little bumps and large under the skin pimples. I am going to stop using this product and hopefully I'll go back to my clear skin.
Anonymous Insider

I had the same problem with that stuff. I will never use...

I had the same problem with that stuff. I will never use it again.

Anonymous Insider

I got a deluxe sample of Purity and broke out with it.ย  I...

I got a deluxe sample of Purity and broke out with it.  I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin but Purity is supposed to be a gentle cleanser so I thought I'd try it.  Anyway, I'm glad I got a sample and didn't buy it.

Smiley Happy

I broke out after using Purity also.ย  I loved it at first...

I broke out after using Purity also.  I loved it at first because my skin felt so soft and looked pretty good, but in a few days I had several large breakouts on my face.  I went back to Peter Thomas Roth's 3% Glycolic acid wash and my skin cleared back up. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • 7699F082-0799-4934-83AF-12A77E06E879.jpeg
testing