Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Better Acne Regimen

I've tried clinique, murad, fresh, shiseido (even went back to proactiv), but nothing seems to work. I need a new skin care regimen that is guaranteed to clear my skin. I have oily and sensitive skin. Suggestions?

Re: Better Acne Regimen

Oily dehydrated and very sensitive skin here. What worked for me:

1. double cleansing (cleansing oil + sunday riley ceramic slip clay cleanser in the evening and something gentle not drying in the morning)

2. regular but gentle exfoliation (good genes+luna, herbivore moon fruit)

3. focusing on calming and moisturizing products for toners/serums/moisturizers (origins mushroom toner, fresh rose toner with rose petals, caudalie sos serum, caudalie moiturizing sorbet, belif moisturizing bomb, a couple moisturizing/antioxidant oils)

4. not using silicone/pore filling primers or chemical sunscreen (kypris heliotropic as sunscreen/primer)

5. avoiding alcohol whenever possible

6. opting out for gentler vitamin C serums

7. not overdoing it with clay masks (don't wait until it's desert dry and crunchy)

RE: Better Acne Regimen

Do not go and do Proactive or Xout or anything like that! It’s actually so bad for your skin. I would recommend using a retinol but a very light one because it can also dry out your skin a lot and cause it to flake off. Try African black soap, it is so good for your skin and it’s very natural and I use one with coconut oil so my skin stays moisturized. Definitely don’t be afraid to try oils, sometimes you need oils to help fight oily skin. I recommend Maracuja oil and jojoba oil they have worked really well for me in the past.

I get tons of blackheads on my cheeks and occasional breakouts. Most people in my family tend to have acne in their 40's, not their teens; so it's not something I ever worried about. Now I'm 45, the same age my mother was when she first started to experience acne breakouts, and the recent activity on my skin has me concerned. I am oily, but not particularly sensitive, and I've found that I have less skin issues, breakout, and irritation if I use a product (usually a serum) containing Vitamin C at night.

Anonymous Insider

I'm in the same boat. My dermatologist said its the start of rosacea..and no cure..I'm very sad I'm 28 and never had acne problems till now..

You might check into the Paula's Choice line. You can speak with customer service and see what they suggest for your skin problems. They are an affordable line and they have a lot of products for multiple skin problems.  I hope this helps. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing