Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best Sunscreen

Hey everyone! Looking for the best sunscreen for acne prone skin, sensitive skin, hyperpigmentation, hyper allergenic… you name it! 
Prefer a tint and good smell, if possible!

Tatcha products work well with me! But wanted to know more about super gloop and elta MD that reviews can’t tell me.

Re: Best Sunscreen

@emilys5 Budget friendly that works well for me is Olay Complete UV 365* Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen, Broad Spectrum SPF 15 for Combination/Oily Skin With Niacinamide, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. 120 ml's for $10.58 Canadian.

For warmer weather this doesn't really work, but I've been having a hard time finding something budget friendly around the SPF30's in this price range. 😞

@emilys5  I’ve used the supergoop and it worked well. I never had any burned or irritation using it. I’ve never tried the other one but I really like Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL  it feels like a serum!

As a general rule of thumb, zinc based sunscreens tend to be least problematic for folks that breakout. (And having said that, technically any product from any line affect any person a little differently.) But, zinc can also leave a white cast if it isn't massaged in really well or a good tinted product. 

Supergoop makes a powder version that is tinted that I've gotten good feedback on from my acne prone clients. It is nice bc you can also reapply easily through out the day bc of the brush applicator. It also has a number of shades to choose from! 

I haven't worked with Elta MD but have heard from clients that it is great. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing