Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Anyone else struggle from PCOS?

I found out that my acne is caused from PCOS and I’m wondering what others have been doing to keep this under control. Product suggestions would be great. Spearmint tea 2 x a day has done wonders for me. Now I’m looking to do better for my skin. Any suggestions would be helpful. #pcosacne #acne 

Re: Anyone else struggle from PCOS?

I use the black African bar soap for trouble skin. My skin has never been more clear. I follow with a toner, and moisturizer 

I also struggle with acne from PCOS and a trip to the derm is my best suggestion. PCOS is a hormonal imbalance and our acne is caused by hormones on the inside, and skincare only treats the symptoms on the outside. If you want to make a huge change, a prescription- based remedy is probably going to do the most

in addition to prescription retinoid and birth control (both from my derm) , I use:

Ren Steady Glow Tonic (mornings) REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 

Sunday Riley acne oil when I have spots Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL 

a good moisturiser (I like Ren ever calm) REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (because drying our your skin makes acne even worse!)

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ Supergoop! CC Screen 100% Mineral CC Cream SPF 50 PA++++ #super goop sunscreen — depending on the day I’ll use the unseen sunscreen and the cc screen

Thanks. I’m going to check out some of those products.

I am trying the ordinary serum with b3 in it and the ordinary with niacinamide and zinc for spot treatments. Really seems to be good. I also started gobbling a multi vitamin that has zinc and d3 and does very good. I use smarty pants gummies. 

I also started washing my face with nothing but the the original makeup remover cloth 2 x a day.

My face is almost cleared up. I still have little bumps deep under I can feel but my Dermatologist said those won’t ever go away until my hormones change. Who knows if that will ever happen. 

I struggle with cystic acne and bad black heads. I’ve been using the combo of Farmacy Mini Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya .5 oz/ 50 mL  & the Youth To The People Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser. The results are amazing. I still suffer from my acne but this combo has worked wonders for me. I also recommend trying “Snail Mucin” and the “Dermalogica daily mircrofoliant” about 2-3 times a week. I’ve also been consuming a lot more water which is also known for being great for your skin! I hope this helps

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing