Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne Issues

Every time I go get a facial and I address my skin concerns; they only push their products. I need to find a good routine to clear up my acne that won’t cost an arm and a leg. It’s really noticeable on my neck and jaw line. I have naturally oily and sensitive skin with visible pores in my T-zone area. Currently using Drunk Elephant face wash and Aveda moisturizer. Help please.

Re: Acne Issues

Hi, I’ve been struggling with acne for a few years now since I had my son and it’s now clearing up exponentially since I started using Reversa Acnex Purifying Cleansing Gel. It has 2% salicylic acid which gets the job done for my acne but not horribly drying. My skin has never been so clean after washing my face. Reversa is a Montreal based company and when on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart it’s really well priced. Even when it’s not on sale it’s, in my opinion, it’s manageable to purchase. Most Shoppers have samples so just ask for some samples first to see if it works for your skin. I personally try not to use too much acne fighting products because for myself that will have the opposite affect. It usually dries my skin out and I still have tons of breakouts. Have a balance of acne fighting products and hydrating products.  Along side the cleanser I also use the Reversa Hydra-Minéral Concentrate. I use this AM & PM (has really helped plump my skin and helped minimize the texture in my skin). Reversa Acnex Mattifying Moisturizer. I only use this in the AM to minimize my oily skin during the day and it does work. Reversa Collagenique Cream, I only use this in the PM and let me tell you, WOW! It really works. My wrinkles have decreased since I started using this! I’m 37 and my skin looks like it did back in my mid 20’s. I alternate the collagen cream with Korres Hydra-Biome Face Mask. I bought mine at Shoppers but apparently Sephora carries this mask now. Check out Shoppers first because they typically have sales on their skincare. It is a mask but I wear it over night and it feels amazing. It is pricey but I’ve been using the same jar for a year because I only need it during the winter. 

@BritJayFit Are you looking to replace your current cleanser and moisturizer or just build onto what you already have? Two things I'd look at adding since you're dealing with acne are a BHA/salicylic acid serum (not a cleanser)  and a sunscreen. 

Thank you! I will look into both of those. Definitely would like to add on since I have so much product left of what I have.

@BritJayFit For relatively inexpensive BHAs, I'd check out the Inkey List, Paula's Choice, or the Sephora Collection's clarifying line.

Hi @BritJayFit ! I would love to help!

I’d recommend the Cerave Salicylic Acid cleanser from the drugstore. It’s inexpensive, and Salicylic Acid is an amazing acne fighting ingredient. 
Then, try The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL , which helps improve skin texture, brightness, and will help reduce breakouts and inflammation. Also super affordable! 
Moisturizers are tricky. If you have sensitive skin, make sure you’re using un scented products. I’d suggest the Cerave moisturizer, which is also a drugstore product. 
You should be wearing sunscreen every day! Supergoop! Zincscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . However, if this is too pricey, I would also suggest the Cerave SPF. Haha, I know I’m recommending them a lot, but they have really great inexpensive, fragrance free products!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions 💕

Thank you! I will definitely look into those!

@BritJayFit I also love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL , it’s amazing and so gentle!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing