Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

When a celebrity needs a touch-up, they call the star of our next BeautyTalk Live Chat! Justin Anderson, colorist to the stars and dpHUE’s Creative Director, will be taking your questions on Monday, October 10. If the answer above has you dying to know more, visit this thread between noon and 1pm PDT to ask your very own hair question.

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

So great chatting with you all today! You guys all had such great questions. Sorry if I didn’t get to your question, I hope to do this again soon! Follow @dpHUE + @anderssonjj on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / @dphuesnaps on Snapchat

Hi Justin - How often can I use the Cool Blonde shampoo and conditioner?

i suggest using it once a week. Our Cool Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner is super moisturizing as well, so it can be used more often. you will LOVE it. xx JA 

is it possible for dark brown 3a curly hair to go light blonde without losing the curl? Most salons are afraid to bleach any curls! Also any product recommendations? thanks! 

hey there! I always suggest going to see a professional if you are making that much of a drastic change in hair color. for maintenance I suggest using our Cool Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner to tone any brassiness + warmth in your hair. and when you make this much of a change in hair color your hair will be a bit dry and damaged, so i suggest using our Argan Oil Therapy to add moisture back into your hair. Use it when your hair is wet and dry to tame frizz throughout the day. xx JA

Quick question in regards to the ACV leave in treatment - does it also protect against damage from heat styling?

yes it does! love this for my clients. It adds a tone of shine, balances the pH and protects their hair during heat styling. OH and it totally speeds up the drying time. xx JA 

Hey Justin! For an overly highlighted blonde what would you lowlight with & would you gloss with the dp hue golden blonde? Will that darken the super blonde pieces at all or just riches them?

i love the Gloss + golden blonde for exactly that-- to tone the super overly blonde pieces down a notch... it makes them still look blonde but with a little bit more tone and shine...

as far as low lighting goes... trust a salon professional for that, girl! 🙂 and if you're a salon professional asking that question... i love low lighting with a semi permanent color and making sure to use a lot of gold in the formula to avoid making the low lights look flat and dull...

i send most of my blonde clients home with the Gloss + golden blonde to keep that fresh out of the salon look at home! blondes tend to dull a few weeks after their salon apps so this is a quick inexpensive fix!

hope all my rambling helps a little 🙂 xxJA

I am trying the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. Started it last week. The effects are lovely, but I dislike the smell (although it is not as strong as I thought it would be). Is there a similar product with a more appealing scent?

heres the thing, me being honest... we could have loaded up the ACV rinse with different perfumes and scents etc but that would have changed the way the product worked.. it would dilute the effects of the ACV and promote build-up in the hair... the reason the ACV cleans hair so well and promotes so much shine is because we didn't fragrance it like traditional shampoos... remember though, it does completely rinse out... enjoy the amazing results of the ACV rinse and wear a great smelling lotion instead lol... 

hope all that makes sense! xxJA

Anonymous Insider

This product has been a game changer for me.  I don't color my hair, but I do was, blow dry and straighten it daily.  I get product buildup every 3 days or so.  Is it ok to use this rinse daily so that I can I don't get a build up.  I normally will put it in with a drop of shampoo, and it sit for a minute or so, rinse, and then shampoo and conditioner.  My hair is so soft and clean feeling afterwards.!

use it as often as you like! so glad you love it!!

Hi Justin- me again!! 

So another question for you- I have seborrheic dermatitis/hair fall. How would you suggest to tackle this problem?

girl, you think im webMD or what? lol im playing, but i gotta be honest and say im not familiar with dermatitis/hair fall...

can you tell me more about this problem so i can try and help?

Hey Justin! Good afternoon 🙂

I have a horribly problematic scalp...

I've tried shampoos ranging from oribe to living proof to dphue and basically all the ranges under the sun at Sephora. I find that the drug store shampoos tend to prevent flakyness on my scalp better than the more expensive ones I've tried. After the expensive ones, after maybe 5-6 hours, my scalp just gets excessively itchy, then a tad oily then extremely flaky. Normally, I can go 3 days without washing my hair but when using the higher end shampoos, I need to wash my hair the next day. The ends of my hair are fairly dry.

Why do I react to the more expensive/better ingredient/sulfate free products? Is there any product you can recommend for my wacky hair? 

Bananya - have you tried the ACV rinse instead of shampooing? It's great for your scalp. to be honest, i know a lot of clients and friends with this exact problem. to me, it sounds like over-shampooing in general is happening. give your hair and scalp a break from all the shampooing and use the ACV instead. It will give your scalp a break and your hair should get very very shiny... this seems like the fix to your problem... but let me know how it goes for you 

xxJA

Justin, I'm going to try this for the next couple of hair washes and definitely let you know. I hope it works! Thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions today. 

Hi Justin, lovely to chat with you today! I have a dandruff prone scalp, and I have yet to find a product that helps my scalp while still keeping my locks looking shiny and bouncy. What products should I use, in what order, and how frequently? Thanks so much for your input!

Our ACV hair rinse sounds perfect for you. It helps a ton of people with dandruff and seals the hair cuticle so it's super shiny and bouncy. I'd use it a few times a week depending on how often you're washing your hair. Our ACV Leave-In Conditioner is super lightweight so I'd follow with that. 

66 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg
testing